IshantHP_ig's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Aloo Tikki, a Indian Snack

Shopkeeper making Aloo tikki and the customers waiting for his turn at a Tikki shop in PurquaziShopkeeper making Aloo tikki and the customers waiting for his turn at a Tikki shop in Purquazi

What is Aloo Tikki?

Aloo Tikki is a type of Indian snack which is quite popular in Northern states of India such as: Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Punjab, Haryana, Himachal and some parts of Jammu Kashmir(JK). But may be it is known by some other name in other states. It is one of the famous food which is most likely by the foreigners too 😉 may be some of the moderators already take the taste of it:). Aloo tikki is famous for its unique taste, actually it's salty and spicy in taste with some unique combination of tasters like Curd, Mithi chatni( a type of sauce which is prepared by a citrus type of fruit). This food is most likely by girls because they always prefer tasty food. We Indians are foodie so we never compromise with taste that's why we always trying to make fusion food (according to our requirements). 

Aloo Tikki is prepared by boiled potatoes and then make a paste from it; the perfect word for this process is Mashing of potatoes and then make a round shaped by the help of hands as i mentioned in the title picture( at the top of my post). The second step is to frying the rounded shape Raw Tikki in any type of vegetable oils/refined oil and then crushing to make it more crispy and good in taste. The above food stall in Purquazi town (nearby Haridwar). 

Garnishing of Aloo Tikki is the main step and it is done by curd, chatni, and some other spices.

3 plates of Aloo Tikki ready to eat.3 plates of Aloo Tikki ready to eat.

Hope you enjoy it. 🙂

Gupta chat bhandar, Purkaji, Uttar Pradesh, India
12 comments
Level 7

Re: Aloo Tikki, a Indian Snack

That looks delicious! I need to go to India one day. The best food in the world!

Google Moderator

Hello @IshantHP_ig,

Thank you for sharing this delicious Indian snack and enough information with us! 

I just wanted to let you know that I am going to change the label of your post to Food&Drink because it fits better there!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9
Connect Moderator

Hola @IshantHP_ig, se ve muy interesante este aperitivo tradicional de la comida Indú, supongo que sería uno de mis primeras opciones a saborear de estar por allí. Gracias por compartir.

Farid.

Level 9

Level 8

looks soo delicious and maybe spicey also.

the next time when I go to India, I will try this.

Level 8

I am from Bangladesh. your neighbor country.

welcome to Bangladesh. 🙂