MukulR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

♿[Recap]Accessible Bangladesh, Part 1

A Ramp in Hatil Furniture

Yesterday I conducted my first meet-up on accessibility under the theme: Accessible Bangladesh. Though it was my first meet-up on accessibility, I tried my best to cover the most Accessible places in East Kazipara, Mirpur. I want to give special thanks to @AbdullahAM  for joining me at that meet-up.

A wheelchair-accessible entrnce in Hatil Furniture 1

The meet was scheduled to start at 4.30 pm. I started the meet-up accordingly. After sometimes @Abdullaham joined me. He made this meet-up very helpful. A special thanks to @Mohammadalauddin  for calling us during the meet-up.

Together we started finding wheelchair-accessible places in East Kazipara. I will host another meet-up for West Kazipara in the future.

A wheelchair-accessible entrance in Charuta Resource Center

A wheelchair-accessible entrance in Mithai

We found that most of the newly built apartment buildings have a nice wheelchair-accessible slope. We covered the roadside residential and commercial buildings during this meet-up.

Some apartment buildings with wheelchair-accessible entrances. 

Sunday is the weekly holiday for the shops in this area. So, for weekly off days and lockdown, we found most of the organization off. But we could have checked the accessibility features from outside of the shops and organizations.

A wheelchair-accessible entrance in Shawpno

During this meet-up we looked for and updated the below things:

mytick.jpg  Ramp access.

mytick.jpg  An Entrance with Wheelchair Accessibility

mytick.jpg Parking with Wheelchair Accessible facility

mytick.jpg A wheelchair-accessible Restroom/Toilet. Due to off day, it was not possible to check

Wheelchair-accessible entrance in Life Aid Specialized Hospital It has a handwash system outside.

A wheelchair-accessible entrance in Karim Motors

We were happy to see some shops have wheelchair-accessible entrances. They are clearly visible from the outside. Though most of the other shops do not have this facility and they are not aware of it.

A wheelchair-accessible entrance in Wood Icon

A wheelchair-accessible entrance in Pantuya ( A bakery shop)

We took photos of some places that are normally crowded but do not have any wheelchair accessibility. Once the lockdown is over, I will personally talk to them so that they can make this facility available in their organization.

@Abdullaham will  attach this sticker in Hatil Furniture 2

A ramp in Hatil Furniture 2

We ate some sweets from this street shop. Those were very delicious. 

In South Asia, we have a tradition of eating sweets during the inauguration of anything good. Miraculously, we found a street vendor selling sweets. Those were so mouth-watering that I and @Abdullaham ate some and finished the meet-up happily. We were discussing how to improve the accessibility facilities in Bangladesh in the future. We made some plans for that. Later we said goodbye to each other.

They are popular places to go but do not have any wheelchair-accessible facilities. Top left Best Buy , top right Mediline Pharma Limited, and bottom DBBL Fast Track

#AccessibleBangladesh

Mirpur, Dhaka, Bangladesh
14 comments
Level 9

Re: [Recap]Accessible Bangladesh, Part 1

Well done! it was a nice meet-up, i really enjoyed the event @MukulR vai,

Wonderful RECAP indeed! thank you for sharing with us.

Level 8

@MukulR very good work 👌. Wheelchair accessible Bangladesh very nice post. আপনার এই উদ্যোগটি অনেক সুন্দর একটি উদ্যোগ ছিল। প্রত্যেকটি ফটোতে তীর চিহ্ন দিয়ে দেখানো এই প্রবেশপথগুলো অনেক সুন্দর হয়েছে। চালিয়ে যান শুভকামনা।

Happy local guiding 🌟

🇧🇩

Arjulla Hossain
Level 9

I am very much grateful to you that you joined my first meet-up on accessibility. I hope to get you in my upcoming meet-ups also. Thanks a lot for your nice comments @AbdullahAM Vai. Stay safe. 

Level 9

আপনার সুন্দর মন্তব্যের জন্য অনেক অনেক ধন্যবাদ। ছবিগুলো আপনার ভালো লেগেছে জেনে আমারও ভালো লাগল @ArjullaHossain ভাই। আপনি যদি ঢাকায় থাকেন এবং হাতে সময় থাকলে আমার পরবর্তী মিটাপে আপনাকে স্বাগতম জানাচ্ছি ভাই। ভালো থাকবেন। 

Level 8

Re: ♿[Recap]Accessible Bangladesh, Part 1

@MukulR 

Very well written 👍

Abhishek Patki
Level 8

প্রতিবন্ধীদের প্রবেশ করার জন্য হুইল চেয়ার র‌্যাম্প চেক করা আপনাৱ কাজটি অনেক ভাল হয়েছে @MukulR ভাই. এ ধরনের কাজ আসলে প্রশংসনীয়. আশা করি আগামীতে এর চাইতে ভালো কাজ আরো কিছু উপহার দিবেন. 

Level 9

মিটাপ রিক্যাপ নিয়ে আপনার সুন্দর ও মুল্যবান মন্তব্যের জন্য অনেক অনেক ধন্যবাদ @Mohammadalauddin ভাই। আপনার এই সুন্দর মন্তব্য আমার পরবর্তী মিটাপে আরো ভালো করতে উৎসাহী করবে। আগামী ১৪ আগস্টের জন্য একটি মিটাপ সাবমিট করা আছে। চন্দ্রিমা উদ্যানে Accessibility চেক। বিকাল ৪টায়। এপ্রুভ হলে আপনাকে জানাব। হাতে সময় থাকলে আসতে পারেন। ভালো থাকবেন। 

Many many thanks for your nice compliments @abhishekpatk 

Level 8

I am so happy to see this recap post of the meetup @MukulR and for your activities.

Great to know @AbdullahAM and @Mohammadalauddin for joining this Accessibility meetup in Bangladesh. Thanks to all of you.

The specially-abled person of Bangladesh will really be helpful by this information. 

Waiting for more from all of you. #HappyGuiding

#AccessibileBangladesh 🇧🇩

#AccessibleBengal 🇮🇳

#AccessibilityForAll 

tagging @Tushar_Suradkar @KalyanPal 

Level 9

Thanks a lot for your nice comments @PritishB . You are always a great source of inspiration to me. Stay safe.