Denise_Barlock's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Acadia National Park in Maine is oldest National Park east of the Mississippi River #StateChallenge

We had no idea what Acadia National Park (in Maine) was going to look like when we decided to spend a month there in June 2017. We found an amazing place! Acadia National Park has a very diverse landscape. The park includes mountains, an ocean shoreline, woodlands, and lakes. It's easy to drive around via car, hike, and kayak in the lakes and rivers. We found that June was the perfect time to visit as July and August are so crowded that they need to take visitors by bus through the park.

Overlook from park roadOverlook from park road

Morning fog over cliffMorning fog over cliff

Seagulls at a lakeSeagulls at a lake

Stunning Atlantic Ocean viewStunning Atlantic Ocean view

Very rocky shore on the ocean sideVery rocky shore on the ocean side

Flowers in the crack of the rocksFlowers in the crack of the rocks

River going through woodsRiver going through woods

River heading to oceanRiver heading to ocean

Rivers and meadowsRivers and meadows

Beautiful mix of trees, rocks and mistBeautiful mix of trees, rocks and mist

Churning waters along rocky edgeChurning waters along rocky edge

Reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acadia_National_Park

#LocalGuidesUSA

Acadia National Park, Maine, USA
5 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Acadia National Park in Maine is oldest National Park east of the Mississippi River #StateChalle

Breathtaking views! Amazing pictures! Thank you @Denise_Barlock for sharing!

Connect Moderator

Re: Acadia National Park in Maine is oldest National Park east of the Mississippi River #StateChalle

Connect Moderator

Never is to late haha @Denise_Barlock I wasn't a part of this first #statechallenge but I'll be learning about Maine now. What a beautiful pictures!!!

Silvy. 

Connect Moderator

Level 10

Brings back memories @Denise_Barlock  we were there in 2018 on a cruise and loved Acadia National park, Got to see Thunder Hole and I go to taste my first Lobster roll in Bar Harbor Maine, looking forward to Saturday.