khammami's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: [APP] Local Guides Directory

Hey @khammami

Looks great, I myself am trying to get into App Development how did you go about getting the knowledge to create an app like this?

Don't know if this has been said already but maybe a version of this for Trusted Photographers would be worth creating 🙂

James K
Local Guide Level 7
Street View Trusted Photographer
Master Fact Finder | Expert Reviewer | Expert Photographer
United Kingdom
Connect Moderator

@khammami this is an excelent idea! Congratulations!

I downloaded the app from google play and added my profile. I think I am the first one from Argentina there. 

I could not find the signature generator inside the app. Did you eliminate it from there?

Thanks a lot!

If you want me to read your post or your comment, please tag me as @Cecilita so I can see it.

Buenos Aires, Argentina | Argentina Local Guides | My Google Maps
- New in Connect? Start Here!
- How to be more green? Click Here!
- Best Places to visit in Bs As: Click here!
- Social Media: Instagram | Twitter

Level 8

Hi @Cecilita , I'm glad that you liked the idea and thanks for using my app:)

The LGC signature generator it's only available on web version of the app here:

https://local-guides-directory.firebaseapp.com/signature-generator

Level 8

@IAmJamesK  thanks! I'm an engineer 😉

yep, SVTP directory is interesting too as an app and I may add it  to my LGD app in the future as a feature.

Level 9

Betreff: [APP] Local Guides Directory

Hi @khammami

thank you very much for developing this great app! 🤩 👍🏻 

I have a question: How can I add the social media links to my profile? I would like to know where this setting is? 🙂 Caption: A screenshot of an account in the ,,Local Guides Directory"-app. The arrow points to the social media links.Caption: A screenshot of an account in the ,,Local Guides Directory"-app. The arrow points to the social media links.

Many greetings from Hamburg, Germany.

Chiara Maria Cervetta

Facebook|Twitter|Instagram

Level 8

Hello @khammami can you please add Local Guides Facebook Groups directory country wise in your apps. I think then it will be more helpful. Directory Here

Level 8

Hi @ChiaraMariaC ,

I'm really glad that you enjoyed the app 🙂

Unfortunately, social links are not available on the Android app yet, but you may add them via the web app for now:

https://local-guides-directory.firebaseapp.com/account

Best regards,

Khalil

Level 8

Hi @bdmafuz ,

thanks for the suggestion bro, I'm already working to revamp communities section on my app where users will suggest links to the app & will be published to the directory after a review process.

best regards,

Khalil

Level 9

Hi @khammami

thank you very much for your reply. 😀 👍🏻 

I enabled my social media-links for Facebook and Twitter in the web-app yesterday. 

But unfortunately both social media-links are not publicly visible in the Local Guides Directory. They aren't publicly visible in the Android-app as well as in the web-app. 

I made two screenshots: 

Caption: A screenshot of the Local Guides Directory settings page in the web-app. The social media-links (Facebook and Twitter) are enabled.Caption: A screenshot of the Local Guides Directory settings page in the web-app. The social media-links (Facebook and Twitter) are enabled.

Caption: A screenshot of my profile in the Local Guides Directory. The social media-links (Facebook and Twitter) aren't publicly visible although I enabled it.Caption: A screenshot of my profile in the Local Guides Directory. The social media-links (Facebook and Twitter) aren't publicly visible although I enabled it.

Thank you very much again for your response and have a nice day. 🙂

Chiara Maria Cervetta

Facebook|Twitter|Instagram

Level 8

I have done that quite a few times still not listed.