khammami's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

[APP] Local Guides Directory

Hi everyone,

Lately, I've been working on a personal project which is a directory for us local guides. it's an app for local guides who want to be found/listed by their cities.

it's a very basic app that doesn't require email address or phone number. it show you a simple search result with links to your social profiles which you can include them through your account settings. Your profile will be by default private & not listed in the search results till you make it public. the results are pulled from the public profiles of the app users itself.

here a preview:

Login screenLogin screenhome pagehome pageleft drawerleft drawer

add to Home screenadd to Home screen I would like to have your opinions on a such app. Sorry, I will not share it with you till I fix some bugs, add terms of use & privacy policy to it and have your opinions.

Web (PWA):

Spoiler

Android (beta): 

Spoiler

important points:

• This app is a personal project & developed by me.
  • This app is NOT sponsored/supported by Google/Local Guides team.
  • This app require an authentication through your Google account. 
  • I will never ask for your email/phone number or any special permissions, just the minimal for the integrity of data in the app.
110 comments

Accepted Solutions
Googler
Solution

Re: [APP] Local Guides Directory

Hi @khammami, thanks for taking the time to create this really cool app. We are glad you feel they need to stay more in touch with fellow Local Guides. While we don't review or approve unofficially created items, to help be sure Local Guides aren't confused we recommend adding similar disclaimers ("this app is not sponsored by Google/Local Guides team") in the home page of your app and in the app store description. Thanks.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great @khammami

Looks nice and it can be helpful!

Well done.

Level 10

This is amazing.

It's a requested feature, so Local Guides could really be found where needed.

I would like to beta test it.

Thanks for your effort!

Level 8

Thanks @Anonymous @LucioV

As it's a matter of privacy I avoided sensitive information & kept very simple

As I said it's an app for local guides who wants to be found like the listing for trusted photographer.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also Local Guides Team can do something to be available in Play Store...if you did not planned that already @khammami

I do not like programming languages and programming generally but I like design...

What you thing about adding links at "home page" to connect etc.

Or at the bottom...

Also hope that profiles of LGs will contain option to add link to connect profile...

And I do not know how hard it is (Maybe for version 2) to profiles have badges like trusted photographer etc...

Sorry if suggestions bother you 🙂 I'm thinking aloud

Level 10

Everything about this app, will be availability and exposure. You will need to promote on the correct channels.

Level 10

@khammami I think it's a great idea. I dint think privacy os gonna be a serious issues since it's an all local guides affairs. 

Keep up up the good work. 

Level 8

@Anonymous wrote:

Also Local Guides Team can do something to be available in Play Store...if you did not planned that already @khammami

I do not like programming languages and programming generally but I like design...

What you thing about adding links at "home page" to connect etc.

Or at the bottom...

Also hope that profiles of LGs will contain option to add link to connect profile...

And I do not know how hard it is (Maybe for version 2) to profiles have badges like trusted photographer etc...

Sorry if suggestions bother you 🙂 I'm thinking aloud

😄 @Anonymous I noted your suggestions, some of them are not possible as there is no public api available for local guides.

the LG team has no intention to make such app (check this answer)

Level 8

@LucioV wrote:

Everything about this app, will be availability and exposure. You will need to promote on the correct channels.

@LucioV absolutely

@U-royFelixA thanks.

I have to mention that the app is a PWA (progressive web app) not android app for the moment.

Connect Moderator

@khammami 

This is very cool. I had the same idea last year, with the idea of making it easier to find Local Guides around the world, without invading privacy. Unfortunately there's no API for Local Guides, and the Maps API is very limited for the purpose I was trying to achieve.

Please do let us know when you have a public link to preview your web app 🙂