LucioV's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: 1900 miles, 9 days, three states - My adventure in the West

A great full experience sharing with us. Thanks 🙏 @LucioV Brother.

Mohammed Omar Faruque
Level 10

Connect Moderator

@LucioV wrote:

@SP31 wrote:

@LucioV wrote:

So sad reading these news, a great rockfall on El Cap caused one decease and one injuried: https://www.nps.gov/yose/learn/news/rockfall-in-yosemite-national-park.htm

Always be careful when approaching exposed faces, do not stay longer under white surfaces.

Heard about this yesterday and immediately thought of your post and photos. Definitely a good tip, @LucioV.

This is so sad.

The Cap will never be the same.

This is the earth changing, at rates we don't understand; sometimes fast, sometimes slowly, compared to human life.

Courtesy of Yosemite NPSCourtesy of Yosemite NPS

In the image you can appreciate the yesterday rockfall, on left, that caused one climber death and one injured, and on the right the today rockfall.... from the same place, that changed again the SE face of El Cap.

If you follow Peter Zabrok on FB you can see a footage he did while on top of the same peak.

I survived a rockslide, in 1991, hit me and had injuries on all my body, and need an helicopter, so i know what happens when earth decide to move on.

Dear god...the image comparison is stunning. You're absolutely right...the earth is changing at an increasingly alarming rate and it is unbelievable that particular people *cough cough* cannot see this. I did not know you survived a rockslide, I cannot imagine ever being through something like that and I am glad that you did. Wow! So sad 😞 

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall
Level 10

Well @SP31 in this case i think that global climate changes have not so much to do; rockslides in Yosemite occur for specific geological reasons.

The rockfalls in dolomites, as like as the one i survived, on the other side, are occurring often due to the melting of permafrost, that acts like glue for inner parts of the mountains; and this is something directly related to climate change 😞

This is me after that 1991 rockfall

Level 8

@LucioV it sounds like you were at some altitude brother

@LucioV wrote:

Well @SP31 in this case i think that global climate changes have not so much to do; rockslides in Yosemite occur for specific geological reasons.

The rockfalls in dolomites, as like as the one i survived, on the other side, are occurring often due to the melting of permafrost, that acts like glue for inner parts of the mountains; and this is something directly related to climate change 😞

This is me after that 1991 rockfall

Level 10

Level 8

@LucioV A bit close for comfort I

@LucioV wrote:

The rockfall occurred around 2900 m, I was at 2750 m.

think you were lucky

Level 8

@LucioV I didn't know but this is a badge for great content I would think

@LucioV wrote:

To whom that doesn't know what is El Capitan, here is a link to a National Geographic news, after the first solo, without rope, ascent by Alex Honnold, on june, 6, 2017.

This wall is around 3000' high, with difficults around 5.12.

I can't believe how this man could handle fear.

Having visited the place where he started, and camped, and having been at the base of the SE face of El Capitan make me really full of joy.

This man is some kind of hero for me and to all the climbers of the world.

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/adventure/features/athletes/alex-honnold/most-dangerous-free-solo-...

The Dawn WallThe Dawn WallTry to find this camp on the Dawn WallTry to find this camp on the Dawn Wall

Former Google Contributor

Absolutely UNREAL, @LucioV

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 10

@JeslynL wrote:

Absolutely UNREAL, @LucioV

Happy you like @JeslynL! 🙂

I'm about to complete the whole story on my Photo Album, i will share later so many could make a quick tour of the west! 🙂

Thanks!