Muhammad_Usman's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

1000 years old Ganish village (Khunjrab Pass Tour P-7)

Now I am in Hunza at last with my family and Ganish Village was my first destination.A Mosque of 1 familyA Mosque of 1 family

Ganish is a Village in Hunza Valley along with KKH with 1000 years old History.

Although kids were not interested in history but they were also enjoying the atmosphere and took interest in architecture and Narrow stony streets of the village.

The houses of Ganish are made of Wood and stone wood is fully carved with beautiful old floral Patterns.

There are also covered narrow streets which gives the mystical look all the village. some time I think as i was in James bond series Movie.

Ganish has won 2 time UNESCO well Conservation heritage award in 2002 and 2009.

it was the oldest settlement of Hunza valley. People came here from different areas ,Cultures and customs and used to settled here. As soon as Population grown up People Moved to other parts of valley second village was Altit and third was Baltit.

In this village I surprised to see four old Mosques of four different families but all consists of only one room and people still pray here these Mosques built after the Buddhist period.

There are also two watch towers survived out of 18 were used for protection from Nagar estate at that time  Hunza was also a state. The kings of both states after fought with each other although they were brothers from same mother Both have wish to conquer each other and still after sentries they have rivalry with each other.

Let me invite here my some friends has great interest in this area Friend How old village maximum in yours countries 

For All Parts

Saif ul Malook lake(Khunjrab Pass Tour P-1)

Most beautiful road of Pakistan Babusar Road(Khunjrab Pas9s Tour P-2)

Most beautiful road of Pakistan-Lulusar Lake(Khunjrab Pass Tour P-3)

Babusar Pass(Khunjrab Pass Tour P-4)

Night camping in an Organic Village- Minapin(Khunjrab Pass Tour P-5)

RakaPoshi The shining wall (Khunjrab Pass Tour P-6)

1000 years old Ganish village (Khunjrab Pass Tour P-7)

Eagle Nest Hunza sunset photography (Khunjrab Pass Tour P-8)

Eagle Nest Hunza sunrise photography (Khunjrab Pass Tour P-9)

Hunza river (Khunjrab Family Tour P-10)

Altit fort (Khunjrab Pass Tour P-11)

Kunhar River (Khunjrab Pass Tour P-12)

Baltit fort (Khunjrab Pass Tour P-13)

Atta Abad lake (Khunjrab Pass Tour P-14)

The spectacular, Passu Cones (Khunjrab Pass Tour P-15)

MUHAMMAD USMAN Facebook
Who am I
Ganish Village, Karakoram Highway, Ganish
27 comments
Level 6

Re: 1000 years old Ganish village where people still live-6th Part

Hi @Muhammad_Usman . Thanks for Sharing. Images are great and posts explains so well. 

Tbh, it is still hard to believe that this place is still having life.

By the way, can you please share some pictures without any presets or edits ? That would really be appreciable. 

Wander - Indulge - Eat
with Vinay Krishna
Level 10

Thanks a lot @VinayKrishna  for your kind words Do you want from me to upload unedited pictures for this place or for future posrs

MUHAMMAD USMAN Facebook
Who am I
Level 9

@Muhammad_Usman I liked the art of this village very much. Very good artwork has been done on the walls.

Level 10

Yes you are right @Nitishgautam  art work and carving on doors and walls just amazing 

MUHAMMAD USMAN Facebook
Who am I
Level 8

@Muhammad_Usman This village is beautiful, especially the 1st photo of the house with the background of the mountain with snow. That's why the kids enjoyed their day. Did you spend a night there?

Level 8

@Muhammad_Usman  thanks for sharing the information about old Ganish village. The pictures are beautiful.   

Level 8

very nice photography thanks for sharing @Muhammad_Usman 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Muhammad_Usman 

Thank you for mentioning me. I really liked the patterns, the wood and stone walls.

Why is the passage so narrow?

It's too crowded for people. The old architecture is interesting because it is new. Thank you, Your post is wonderful.

Level 10

Thanks @Ant_Bad_Yogi  this picture is also my favorite we did camping in a camping site near this village near a fort details will be in next episode

MUHAMMAD USMAN Facebook
Who am I