HelloSamsonR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Wrong Question Showing On Supermarkets On Maps

Hello @GusMoreira Please why is this question been asked when answering questions on the Maps. I have come across such in recent weeks now.  Supermarkets are places for shopping grocery items.et.c. But not for offering passport photograph service. But this question has been regular when answering questions of supermarket I visit.  Please help look into this. And if I am missing something out please do help me explain. Cause I would love to know the reasons.IMG_20170705_173907.jpg

Kind Regards 

18 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Wrong Question Showing On Supermarkets On Maps

Hi @HelloSamsonR and everyone else, you can submit feedback about the questions you receive in Google Maps by following the instructions here

I am echoing @Mayford's response with regards to questions asked on Maps — the team is aware that the questions asked on Maps may not be relevant across all cities around the world, and therefore your feedback is SO important to us. There have been countless discussions here on Connect about applicability and appropriateness of questions, and be assured that the team does read through all the reports. 🙂

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

View solution in original post

Level 9

@HelloSamsonR

Some super markets beside government or embassies have this service 🙌🌮🍲🍝

@HelloSamsonR wrote:

Hello @GusMoreira Please why is this question been asked when answering questions on the Maps. I have come across such in recent weeks now.  Supermarkets are places for shopping grocery items.et.c. But not for offering passport photograph service. But this question has been regular when answering questions of supermarket I visit.  Please help look into this. And if I am missing something out please do help me explain. Cause I would love to know the reasons.IMG_20170705_173907.jpg

Kind Regards 

Level 10

@OSAMA Nice good to know. But this service is not available in my country. I have been to 100s of supermarkets and I can tell you no service like this is available. Hello @VictorOmebije @SanyaOdare,I don't know if am wrong. Please clarify me also as I would love to know. Have you seen such too?

Level 10

I suppose this is a North American thing, where the concept of store-in-a-store is common. Many supermarkets here have a passport photo store inside, dry cleaners, cellphone provider booth, gym or yoga studio, and others. Just answer "No" for those you know do not have a passport photo place, and hopefully it won't ask you again for that supermarket.

Level 10

Thanks @OStr 👍. Your advice is helpful, I have been answering No for some time, But when it became common when such a question was coming up, I decided to share this feedback. I haven't come across such questions since when I have been answering supermarket questions. So I was wondering why that was happening. I would advise the Maps Team remove the category and a replace it with another, as such a feather is not available in my country, and I don't think supermarkets in my country would have features of snapping passport photographs Lol 😊

Level 10

Glad I could help!

Level 10

I can vouch for Ostr that it also happens in Australia.

Supermarkets, especially if they encompass the majority of a shopping centre can have several functions and different amenities there. For example, Coles which is usually a general supermarket in a local town is also a clothes and electronics store as well. Not all places would have passport-generating facilities, but I know most of the Costco hypermarkets do here.

Level 10

@Briggs@OStr Are you saying in your country some Super Markets offer Passport Photograph service also. Wouldn't Photography service have been the right word other than Passport Photograph service.? Any feedback about this? 

Level 10

@HelloSamsonR, when you say "Photography services", people may think it is a full service photographers: weddings, baptisms, etc., but that's not what those passport-photo places do. They generally provide exactly two services: passport photos, and photo colour printing--that is, printing hardcopies of photos you provide on a flash drive or suchlike. Calling them "Photography services" might be confusing.

Connect Moderator

@HelloSamsonR, I would say that in the US, some supermarkets do offer passport photos services, besides having a bank, dry cleaners, rent DVDs, etc. I believe this question falls under the category of "cultural" here in US, but may not proper in another country. I remember in there was a similar question that made sense here in North America when these auto questions first came out but made no sense in other countries and it was brought up during last year's Summit as feedback to the Google engineers. 

I am moving your post and this thread over to Feedback and Requests so that the Google Mods, @JeslynL and @MariaBi, can review your concern.

Thanks for bringing this up.

Cheers,

Karen