jkdmare's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

Viewing photos on Google maps

I've recently started posting photos as a local guide.  Just received word that one of my photos received over 1000 views.   The problem is that the photo doesn't show up on Google maps.  Where are the views coming from and why can't the photos be seen on Google maps?

Watertown, MA, USA
3 comments
Level 10

Re: Viewing photos on Google maps

Hi @jkdmare
Welcome to Google connect and maps.
This is the world local guide family.

You must know that some of the photos loaded are hidden because of some privacies policies . But when people look at the photos of the place where the photos is from you get views.
Before starting this passionate adventure, I advise you to read the 5 core values of connect  Introduce yourself to the community Here
for a good understanding of the program read this Link for maps and    Using local guide connect   to get an easy way to understand connect.
See you @@

Connect Moderator

Hi @jkdmare

Not all the photos added on a place are shown, I think that only 200 photos are visible.

Maybe the ranking of your photos is moving between visible and not visible

Level 8

Hi John,

I've found that when you add photos to a place that already has a lot of photos, you photo has to get a lot of views to move up in the ranking of visible photos.  I would suggest trying to find places that have few (or no) photos.  You'll also earn badges if you take a lot of "first photos."  Even better, add places that don't currently exist on maps , take a first photo and write a first review!