LeslieB's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: Remove multiple photos in Google Maps

@RichP wrote:

I appreciate the help, but there is no way to remove the duplicate pics. Plus, now the duplicates have views, so deleting them would reduce my view count. Ugh. I wish I could at least consolidate duplicate pics without losing view counts. The pics are identical in size and metadata; it shouldn't be difficult to identify and merge duplicates. Hello Google,

@anthonyt wrote:

I think you can click the place of editing then see what options will come Especially in case of upholded photos

You listening? 🙂

It is very possible, I just deleted mine. Please the guide below, I hope it will help. 

Open Google Maps with the account you used to upload those photos. Then go to the Menu on the top left corner, click on “your contributions” and select Photos.

Look for the photos that appearing more than once under the particular area you reviewed or edited. In the top right corner of the photo, click More and you will that that particular photo from there

And yes, expect your views to reduce but to make a particular image more popular it's necessary not to have multiples

Level 3

Thank you! I have no idea how I missed that. I must have been logging on with a different account. I appreciate the reply!

Level 7

I am facing the same issue. I want to delete lots of photos I accidentally uploaded to places. I am not getting the more option anywhere. When I open a photo I only get option to delete that one photo only. Please help. 

Level 8

I think you have to do that for each photos 😕

But this could be a good suggestion for new features

Level 6

Old thread I know but this issue is still here and is really annoying. I got the same error and now have 4x copies of hundreds of photos. 

Level 7

This same issue happened with  me today. 75 photos got uploaded 6 times due to server error. Now its frustrating to delete each photos one by one.

@BRhyfe wrote:

Old thread I know but this issue is still here and is really annoying. I got the same error and now have 4x copies of hundreds of photos. 

Connect Moderator

Hi @Umangagl

Sorry for reaching this post so late, as the title is about deleting photos, while the issue seems to be about multiple unwanted upload. Can you give a step by step description of what happened, for helping Google to understand the problem?

In the meantime, I will move this thread to the Feedback-and-Feature-Requests board, for Google to have a look to this post. 

Thanks for your help 

Ermes 

Level 8

Hi @ErmesT and perhaps @LucioV can chime in.

Please note that this is outside my comfort zone, so I am just thinking out loud:

I remember reading that removing photos from the cloud would automatically remove the photos from Maps. In those posts, people complained that after cleaning up their folders, they didn´t realize it would impact their contributions. So could this be used in reverse?

Removing multiple photos on one's own computer goes much faster than deleting them 1 by one in Maps. If you backup the photos first on your hard-drive and then remove them from the cloud, deleting all those photos on Maps (including the duplicates), and then re-upload them again. This time keeping your fingers crossed that you do not get a server error.

For all people that experienced a bug like this, please be aware that Google depends on us to report this in the App itself as well. Things on Connect get easily lost or be missed, the feedback system in the app, is better streamlined to process bug reports. Check out your feedback history here: https://www.google.com/tools/feedback/reports

Best wishes, Jeroen

Connect Moderator

I see your point @JeroenM

I am avoiding to give this suggestion for mainly two reasons:

• Because the photos can have different visualizations number, and some members want to reduce the impact in this side
  • Because it seems that storage area is depending of how photos are loaded (from photos stored in desktop, from photos stored in the phone, or photos taken by the App)

I am planning to go more in deep with this matter, but at the moment I prefer not to give indications that can be wrong 

Ermes 

Level 8

@ErmesT Thank you for that clarification and you just confirmed that when it comes to photography and Maps, I still have so much to learn.
Keep up the good work and I look forward to a solution.

Wishing you all a great last weekend of 2017. Cheers!

Jeroen