FPizzle's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Posting photos from laptop

Every time I try to post photos to Google Maps by opening the location on the map and clicking add photos I am asked to sign in to my Google account to post. I'm already signed in and if I do click on the OK box it just goes blank for a second or two and come back up with the same stupid message. The same thing happens if I try to post a review or an edit. I can post from my phone easy enough but mostly use my DSLR and don;t really feel like duplicating efforts by taking photos with both the phone and camera. Any idea how I can post from my laptop?

s??screenshot.jpg 

15 comments
Level 10

Re: Posting photos from laptop

Hello @FPizzle,

The are difficulties at the moment with google maps like "Inability to sign in" . Here is the post that is answering your query:

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Known-Issue-Google-Maps-3-15-18/td-p/688564

I hope it helps

See you around

Jul

Former Google Contributor

Hi @FPizzle,

Thanks for reaching out. Have you tried clearing your cache and cookies completely? This might help. 

By the way, I'm moving your post to the Feedback and Feature Requests board. I think it fits better there.

Please let me know if the problem was resolved.

Thanks, 

Nadya

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 9

Hi @FPizzle,

I had never came across such problem. Would you mind to share a proper video from start to end so that we may look into this issue. You can use Apowersoft in pc and mobile you can use AZ screen recorder.

Note: link mentioned by me in this reply are not to promote any software or website. Both links are only to help a local guide. If this is not permissible feel free to remove both links.

Thank you.

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 5

I posted a question and received some answers and need to reply to them. BUT, I can't seem to be able to locate my original post nor find any links that would allow me to continue the discussion.  I'm probably just overlooking something simple but can anyone guide me in the right direction so I can solve my original problem?

Thanks

Level 5

Thanks for the suggestion. I will try it later today. DO you want it from the very beginning (opening maps) or just when I click on add photos and get the screen I sent earlier. 

Do you also want to see the screen that shows that I am already signed in and notes my contributions, photos, etc.  

Cheers - Fred P

Level 9

@FPizzle,

It will be easier to locate the issue if you can share from start(open maps). 

Keep us updated 

Thank you 

Connect Moderator

Re: Reply

Are you talking about this post ?

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Feedback-and-Feature-Requests/Posting-photos-from-laptop/m-p/6...

Please find your post and reply in My subscription tab.

Click on profile picture icon > My subscription.

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 9

Hi @FPizzle,

The link shared by @NareshDarji is correct. You can also share video link here with us. 

One of our connect moderator will merge it with original one. 

Tagging @ErmesT here. 

Level 5

Look, I'm not the most technologically advanced person on the planet so you will need to help me out a little here. I do have the video you asked for but when I click on video in the reply it asks for a url. The video is stored in "My Documents" folder. I  tried "Video" and "Pictures" and also tried to copy. How do I get the video (MP4) to upload?

Sorry to be a bother but I do an extensive amount of travel in SE Asia and would like to share my experiences.

Cheers - Fred P