Jonswe's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Impossible to contribute with my pictures to Google Maps

Hi,I have tried yesterday april 22,2018 around 10.00 PM C.E.T. to send some of my pictures to Google Maps but every time I got the 

answer: "Server Error!Please try later!" I am trying again today right now while writing this but I get the same answer.Can some one help me?

Thanks,Jonswe

Be nice to people while they are alive!
Stockholm, Sverige
9 comments
Level 8

Re: Impossible to contribute with my pictures to Google Maps

Hey, I had the same problem a few weeks ago.  I tried reducing the number of photos and it worked well.

Hope it works for you too 😉

Level 7

Impossible to contribute with my pictures to Google Maps

Hi,as a Local Guide on Google Maps contributor I would have liked to send my pictures to Google Maps but all my efforts were in vain.Why that? Every time I did that got the answer: "Server error.Please try later".

Can someone explain to me?

Yours,

Jonswe

Connect Moderator

Hello @Jonswe,

I think you should try to post this in the Help Desk section. Google will help you for sure.

Sometimes it happen to my as well, but a cold start of the device fix this always...

Maybe @ErmesT you can advice if I'm not right. 

Best regards

Torben

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
Connect Moderator

Hi @Jonswe

I have merged your two posts about the same subject, and moved in Feedback and Feature Requests Board, for Google to take note of it.

Can you give some extra information, to better understand your experience?

• Wich kind of device are you using to upload photos?
  • How many photos have you tried to upload in one shot?
  • Have you the samme experience in Desktop, with the HTML version of maps?
  • When this issue started?
  • In which area are you? From your post it seems you are in Stockholm. Is it right?

Thanks for your feedback

Ermes

Level 7

Hello Ermes,

I have to admit that I am an amateur when it comes to place photos on the Google Map.(GM)

First I wrongly placed some photos without GPS tags and I then I asked Google to take them away because they landed erroneously on the map.Then I tried to place some older photos on GM and got the answer: "Server error.Please try later". Every time I did that I used my desk PC (laptop) Samsung Q 330 using Linux Mint as OS and Chrome Browser and the HTML version of GM.

I did try once on my smartphone Huawei P10 Plus Android version 8.00 and it seemed like that went smoother.

I tried to upload one photo at a time and then even several simultaneously ,then I gave up after getting the Server error warning.

The attempt to upload this pictures happened last week from my home location in the south of Stockholm-Sweden.

I have to admit that my computer is rather old and heavily used(has more than 7 years of daily use) and I cannot guarantee that all this issues weren't caused by my PC's malfunction.

Thank you for your help any way and I look forward to solve this problem.

I'll revert to you with further developments of this case.

Sincerely,

Jonswe

Level 6

@Jonswe this happens all the time.  Google servers are being accessed by a lot of people all over the world.  Its just a very busy server.  When such happens to me, I just log out, wait for a while and log back in.  It works for me just fine.  Maybe you could try that.  Absolutely nothing wrong with your system.  Alternatively, you can post the large pictures in batches to reduce server access time.

Level 7

I'll try that. Really appreciate your advise. Tjanks a lot.

Rhfs, Jonswe

Level 10

@Jonswe@Olufemi@ErmesT

It has happened to me a few times. Last few weeks, it happened with growing frequency.

MY SOLUTION: I have tried different things which have helped

1. Try again. And again. Reboot device and try again. Sometimes because of connection or bandwith issues, photos (especially large ones) won't load.

2. Sometimes it could be the size of your photos which happened to me recently. I reduced the size with a photo editor and that took care of it.

3. Upload them in smaller batches. Try two or three photos at a time rather than say 20.

4. Use a different device.

tedmall
Level 7

ok. tks. Jonswe