NarenChandra's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

[FR]Link Business official YouTube channel with Maps

Hello Local guides , yesterday i was at a  place which had a you tube page and the owner asked me that if there is a way through which his page can be linked to Maps , so that customers can get to know about the place very well , i said there is a video option available and have no idea about YouTube linking , actually he makes sense , his YouTube videos are shot with a very good camera and in a cinematic way which he want to showcase to his customers proudly through maps .

I understand that most of the places do not have a youtube page but if there is a option there might be people using it aswell , 

This is a feature request idea i want to present to the community and take feedback 

youtube.jpg

10 comments
Level 10

Re: [FR]Link Business official YouTube channel with Maps

Level 10

Bonjour @NarenChandra

C'est une excellente idée d'évolution et d'amélioration  de la fiche Google Mybusiness.

Level 10

@Vvincent  Merci d'avoir aimé l'idée, ce serait un avantage pour les propriétaires d'entreprise, merci beaucoup

Level 6

Hi Naren,

It's fantastic and excellent option if youtube link with maps.

Many business like schools, restaurants will be more useful.

I wish and hope google will introduce this soon

Level 9

@NarenChandra

An excellent idea 

A 30 second video usually is Junk if we look at any business .

And is given 7 points but 360 photo get only 5 points 

Any way the video liking to YouTube channel is a good idea . 

Best wishes the for this information could reach the right person 

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/badges/userbadgespage/user-id/21203/page/1#
Level 10

Nice idea, but, actually, YT and Maps are so insulated i bet this thing is not so likely to happen!!!

Level 10

@NarenChandra many businesses have many different social media channels, some use Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter, Facebook Pages/Facebook Video, etc etc.

One way that it can be done today is to list all social media channels in their main web site which is listed in Google Maps. So under the website URL of the location, the business owner can list and display all their social media content links and content.  And for a person searching for the location in Google Maps can just click the URL website of the place and get access to all of it YouTube, Instagram, FB etc etc. 

You can reply to the owner to do this at the moment. And if he doesn't have a website, you can help him build it with some chargeable services 🙂

I don't think it's possible to have a tab for every option of social media channel, because it's not just YouTube that businesses use though. My opinion is probably still better to list everything under their main web page URL.

Level 10

@StephenAbraham@LucioV the idea is to just make a url link from maps to youtube channel of the owner and stephen your explanation is what exactly I wanted to say but I could bot make it with my words, thanks @Sariga@AkheelS@Vvincent for liking the idea.

Level 8

Hi @NarenChandra,

Good feature request and I agree with @StephenAbraham that links to all social pages inside Maps, including YouTube channel, should be available to members of the GMB program (not for Local Guides to add though).

Next time you talk to a business owner, make them aware of the Google Knowledge Graph (part of Google Search) which does include social media channels. In addition, businesses with a GMB account can publish posts that show inside Maps and these posts can link to their website or YouTube video. The posts expire after 7 days but is a great way for business owners to communicate with their audience about events, blog posts, etc.

With kind regards, Jeroen