MKDupuguntla's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

[FR] Edit Option in Check Facts

Hi Everyone,

In my leisure time i usually  check facts in and around my location. while doing so i found that there are many incorrect or misspell  translations. 
As translation is done by people who have touch with that language so they can correct the translation.
My suggestion is to give an option to suggest or correct the translation in check the facts (Translation category). 

Original oneOriginal one

How my idea look like. Dont bother about colors, those are for representation purpose.How my idea look like. Dont bother about colors, those are for representation purpose.

India
26 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: [FR] Edit Option in Check Facts

I agreed with you @MKDupuguntla

It's very useful for improving Google maps in regional language.

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10

Bonjour @MKDupuguntla

C'est une suggestion d'amélioration très intéressante. Il est vrai que juste signifier que la traduction n'est pas suffisante est frustrant alors que l'on connait la vrai traduction.

Pouvoir apporter une solution en même temps est une excellente idée.

Qu'en pensez-vous @OSAMA @Jagadeesh_Reddy @ErmesT @KarenVChin

Bonnes contributions à tous

Vincent

Connect Moderator

Hi @Vvincent

And @MKDupuguntla

And @NareshDarji

For a quick reply I'm linking to a previous conversation about this subject :

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Feedback-and-Feature-Requests/Check-the-Facts-points-Not-incre...

And for this post by @YK1001

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Help-Desk/To-enter-Place-Name-in-Multiple-Languages/m-p/423477...

Feel free to comment in there. 

My suggestion is : if a transliteration is wrong, after replying "no", go to the site and "suggest an edit" 

Ermes 

Connect Moderator

Thanks for informing @ErmesT

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Connect Moderator

You are welcome @NareshDarji

This is the main reason why all moderators repeat, like a mantra, "use the search function to make sure that the same subject has not been already discussed" 

Ermes 

Level 10

@MKDupuguntlaYou can Join the Google Translate Community where you can teach Google Translate how to speak your language better. It's easy and fun. Here is the link - https://translate.google.com/community?source=t-new-user#en/sw

Level 10

@ErmesT wrote:

This is the main reason why all moderators repeat, like a mantra, "use the search function to make sure that the same subject has not been already discussed" 

Nah. I never find anything with the search function here. 😞

Level 8

Ya ya it's so much frustrating when the translation is not meaning the name it has be @Vvincent like @ErmesT said I'm doing the changes by suggest edit option :).

End of the some is approving the incorrect translation 😞 

Happy Guiding,
Jagadeesh Reddy.
Level 6

Yes that is good idea.