SteveWestropUK's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Connect with a Googler/Mod

Couple of issues that are causing frustration and need a bit of intervention, if someone can connect...

A local martial arts school are posting their images on random locations to get attention - no easy way to report the account, and impractical to keep reporting individual photos 🙂

Also seems that a local shopping centre (mall) has been merged with a store some 200+ miles away - not sure how that's even possible, but needs unpicking 🙂

2 comments
Level 10

Re: Connect with a Googler/Mod

@SteveWestropUK Your post is in the old Feedback/Feature request board that very few people will notice. 

For new ideas on how to improve the program or Maps etc, post in "Idea Exchange"

For help needed or to report issues etc, post to "How-to"  

@GeorgesHR could you assist moving this post to the "How-to" section, thanks.

Regarding reporting spam, this will be a good post to refer to here. https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Help-Desk/How-Do-I-Report-Content-on-Google-Maps/m-p/202916#M9...

For the case of an identified potential spammer (the Martial arts school), write a post in "How-to" saying you want to report a potential spammer, but don't mention details. And then tag a Google Moderator. They will contact you via private message for the details, and will investigate, but results will not be shared. 

@GeorgesHR mind helping to check out this potential spammer ?

Regarding the shopping mall moved incorrectly, you can use the send feedback in Maps. Of if the business is claimed, you can report it to the Google My Business Forum for them to rectify. 

Former Google Contributor

Re: Connect with a Googler/Mod

Hi @SteveWestropUK,

Thank you for the heads up.

Much appreciated from the detailed steps from @StephenAbraham!

I will send you a private message with instructions on how to report on the issues you are facing with. Just as a note, we would refrain from discussing publicly account information.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!