Introduce Yourself — July 2026

Do you speak English or Bengali? I don’t understand you.

Hello @Muktisekh

I see it’s your first post and time on connect. Welcome to the forum. You’re probably wondering how to get around connect. Here is A welcome to connect hand. It’s a topic written with the idea of welcoming and showing new local guides around the forum quickly.

The animations helps you to enjoy reading and learn easily from it. Hopefully you’ll find it helpful enough.

I edited the category of your post to make it introduction rather than women at local guides. Lastly I’ll move your topic into our monthly introduction thread. It fits better there, more you can easily interact with other new and old local guides there. Feel to introduce yourself like others following the 5 prompts.

Happy guiding

Cheers

Thank you so much for the warm welcome, @indahnuria! :blush: It’s an honor to be welcomed by a Connect Moderator. I’m really excited to be part of the Connect family and look forward to sharing and exploring with everyone here. Have a great day! :sparkles:

1 Like

Thank you so much, @StephLee! :blush: It is so wonderful to meet you and cross paths with you here in this extraordinary community. I’m really excited to be a part of it too.

Looking forward to connecting and sharing more! :globe_showing_europe_africa::sparkles:

1 Like

I am Rajvir Rathor, Passout from SSK Karnal. Working in me Marine industries.

I am new here. I’m new here, some of you are old, please help me out.

Hello @Muktisekh

Please have a look at A welcome to connect hand. That will help to find your way around connect easily.

There is a world :globe_showing_americas: sign at the foot of every page. It’s a translator into your own language. When you see a post in a different language, just click the world :globe_showing_americas: sign. You’ll get an automatic translation on site !

Hope this helps you.

Happy guiding

Cheers

1 Like

Hello @Muktisekh and warm Welcome to Local Guides Connect.

I want to inform you that I’m merging your post to our monthly feature Introduce Yourself — July 2026 to you , where you can meet local guides from around the world.

Moreover, Here you can follow the five prompts below and share your introduction In this thread including your photo (in landscape mode).

1.Name:

2.Location:

3.What I love about being a Local Guide:

4.My favorite thing to explore:

5.Fun Fact about me:

A landscape photo of you with a brief description.

I also wanted to recommend to you, check Read first! Connect community guidelines for more information on Connect redesign FAQ: Your questions answered!,
& You can also Visit Community guidelines & you can read also How do I write a topic on Connect? for in-depth resources on the Connect features.

and many more :blush:

Hi everyone! :waving_hand:
My name is Nawaf, and I’m from Saudi Arabia :saudi_arabia:. I love traveling and have visited more than 50 countries around the world. I enjoy sharing honest and detailed reviews to help other travelers discover amazing places.

Some of my most unforgettable experiences include flying over Victoria Falls by helicopter, swimming in Angel’s Pool, and trekking to see mountain gorillas in Rwanda. I also love exploring luxury hotels, unique restaurants, and unforgettable adventures.

Every New Year’s, I travel to Courchevel, France. It’s become one of my favorite traditions, and I always enjoy discovering new experiences there.

I’m excited to be part of the Local Guides community and look forward to connecting with fellow travelers from around the world.

1 Like

Am a tillage farmer & agricultural consultant, I also sell farm equipment. On recent journeys to the south east of Ireland I have found that Google maps have led me astray. What am I doing wrong? Dermot Rowan

Assalamu Alaikum everyone!

I’m Golam Rasul, from Bangladesh. Alhamdulillah, I’m currently a Level 7 Local Guide with over 1,400 contributions so far.

I mainly focus on photographing and reviewing schools, mosques, restaurants, and other local places, trying to add accurate and useful information to Google Maps so others can benefit from it. Mapping and documenting places is something I genuinely enjoy doing.

I’m happy to be part of this community and looking forward to connecting with and learning from everyone here.

Thank you!

1 Like

Welcome to this amazing community. I really enjoyed reading your wonderful history and am glad to know you. Wishing you all the best and keep contributing! @Emine

1 Like

Hey guides,
I’m mubashir from the mountains of Chitral Pakistan. I’m a software developer and a startup founder. Happy to connect with you all. Have a great sunday :sunny:

Create valuable ratings and feedback

Hello and welcome to Local Guides Connect! @Ajay5163

It’s great to have you here with us. Before you start exploring the community, we recommend checking out these useful topics:

We’d also love to hear a little about you. Feel free to introduce yourself and meet other Local Guides in our monthly introduction section.

To keep the introductions together in one place, I will merge your post with the monthly thread.

“Thank you so much for your warm welcome and kind words, NiazSumon! I’m really glad you enjoyed reading my story. Happy contributing to all of us!”

Hi, I’m Rahul Gupta fromIndia.

I’m an SEO and Digital Marketing professional with 20+ years of experience in Technical SEO, Local SEO, and AI Search. I help businesses grow their online visibility through data-driven strategies. I also love reviewing Google Business Profiles and sharing honest experiences to help local businesses and customers.

I’m here to learn and connect with professionals worldwide.

Congratulations to those who have managed to experience beauty,education and get little fun at the #MakanaFestival2026

Coffee did make sense​:black_heart::heart_eyes::artist_palette::framed_picture:

Hello @Khayalethukona and warm Welcome to Local Guides Connect.

I want to inform you that I’m merging your post to our monthly feature Introduce Yourself — July 2026 to you , where you can meet local guides from around the world.

Moreover, Here you can follow the five prompts below and share your introduction In this thread including your photo (in landscape mode).

1.Name:

2.Location:

3.What I love about being a Local Guide:

4.My favorite thing to explore:

5.Fun Fact about me:

A landscape photo of you with a brief description.

I also wanted to recommend to you, check Read first! Connect community guidelines for more information on Connect redesign FAQ: Your questions answered!,
& You can also Visit Community guidelines & you can read also How do I write a topic on Connect? for in-depth resources on the Connect features.

and many more :blush:

1. Name

Jamal

2. Location

Ajman, United Arab Emirates :united_arab_emirates:

3. What led you to become a Local Guide?

For me, being a Local Guide is much more than earning points or badges. It’s about making someone else’s journey easier.

In my professional life, I work in inspection and quality assurance, where accuracy, evidence, and attention to detail are part of everything I do. Naturally, I brought the same mindset to Google Maps. Whenever I visit a place, I ask myself, “What information would I have wanted before coming here?” Then I share exactly that.

Whether it’s confirming accessibility, parking availability, family-friendliness, opening hours, or uploading photos that truly represent the place, my goal is simple: help the next visitor make a better decision with confidence.

Every accurate review saves someone time. Every useful photo answers a question before it’s even asked. That’s the impact I enjoy creating.

4. My favorite thing to explore

I especially enjoy exploring hidden cafés, family-friendly destinations, parks, and unique local businesses across the UAE. I also love discovering places with interesting architecture, cultural value, and beautiful public spaces.

Photography is one of my favorite parts of being a Local Guide. I always try to capture places as they really are—not just beautiful images, but useful ones that help people know what to expect before they arrive.

One of my personal goals is to build one of the most trusted Local Guide profiles in the region by consistently sharing high-quality reviews, helpful photos, and reliable information.

5. Fun fact about me

Before visiting a new place, I often study it on Google Maps first—reading reviews, checking photos, exploring Street View, and planning the best experience. My family jokes that I sometimes know a place before I’ve even been there!

I believe every meaningful contribution, no matter how small, helps millions of people make better decisions. That’s why I’m proud to be part of this amazing Local Guides community.

Looking forward to connecting with Local Guides from around the world. Happy mapping! :globe_showing_europe_africa::round_pushpin: