Introduce Yourself — July 2026

Hi everyone!

I’m Ömer DAMOGLU, and I’m joining you from Hannover, Germany.

As a Local Guide, my favorite thing is discovering new places and rating them to help others find the best spots. Speaking of best spots, the single favorite place I’ve reviewed so far has to be ‘Efsane Simit’ (inside Rewe). There’s something special about finding that perfect taste in a local market!

When I’m not exploring or reviewing, I spend my time coding, cycling through the beautiful paths of Hannover, or just getting lost in music.

I’m so excited to be part of this community and look forward to connecting with fellow explorers!

Nice to meet you, @piq Local Guides, don’t miss the chance to say hi to @piq in the comments below and share your introduction, too.

Hi @piq

A warm welcome to Local Guides Connect :bouquet:

Connect is a place to get to know other Local Guides, plan activities, share your stories, give feedback, and more. Since you’re new to the community, you might want to share a bit about yourself and get to know others in our monthly Introduce Yourself topic.

Please share your introduction as follows:
1.Name:
2.Location:
3.What I love about being a Local Guide:
4.My favorite thing to explore:
5.Fun Fact about me:

Also, please check:
• Read First: Connect community guidelines.
• Connect FAQ: Your questions answered..

I am merging your posts here to keep Connect streamlined.

Thank you

1 Like

Hello everyone

2 Likes

Name: Caroline
Location: Lisbon, Portugal

What led you to become a Local Guide:
I travel often, and since I started working remotely, I’ve had the chance to explore different countries and discover amazing restaurants, beautiful places, and local businesses along the way. Whenever I find somewhere special, I want other travelers to experience it too. I love that Local Guides can help great places get more visibility and make someone else’s trip a little more memorable. I also enjoy supporting talented local professionals, whether it’s a great manicure, a hair salon, or a cozy café, and leaving thoughtful reviews for people who do excellent work genuinely makes me happy.

My favorite thing to explore:
I love discovering great local coffee shops, and more recently I’ve also been enjoying hikes, beaches, and places to go for a walk or a run.

Fun fact about me:
I’m originally from Brazil and brought my dog with me to spend a season in Portugal. I love finding pet-friendly cafés, beaches, and other spots that make traveling with a dog easier and more enjoyable, and I always try to leave a review when I come across a place worth sharing.

7 Likes

Hello @carolinescholles and Welcome to Local Guides Connect.

I want to inform you that I’m merging your post to our monthly feature Introduce Yourself — July 2026 to you , where you can meet local guides from around the world.

I also wanted to recommend to you, check Read first! Connect community guidelines for more information on Connect redesign FAQ: Your questions answered!,
& You can also Visit Community guidelines & you can read also How do I write a topic on Connect? for in-depth resources on the Connect features.

and many more :blush:

Being part of the Google Local Guides community is much more than contributing reviews, photos, or edits. It is about helping people discover places that might otherwise go unnoticed and making information accessible to everyone, no matter where they are in the world.

I truly appreciate how Google Maps connects people with businesses, communities, landmarks, and hidden gems that deserve to be recognized. Every contribution, whether it is a photograph, a detailed review, or a simple map edit, has the potential to help travelers, support local entrepreneurs, and preserve the identity of a place for future visitors.

As a Local Guide, I have learned that even the smallest contributions can make a meaningful difference. Many small towns and rural communities have incredible stories, traditions, and attractions that are often overlooked. Thanks to Google Maps, these places now have an opportunity to be seen, explored, and appreciated by a much wider audience.

My hometown is a small city, but it has a rich cultural heritage, beautiful landscapes, and hardworking people. One of my biggest goals as a Local Guide is to showcase its beauty and help it gain greater recognition across Ecuador and internationally. I believe that every quality review, every accurate edit, and every useful photograph contributes to building a more complete and reliable map for everyone.

Thank you, Google, for creating a platform that empowers millions of people to share knowledge and improve the way we explore the world. I am proud to be part of this global community, and I look forward to continuing my journey by highlighting places that deserve more visibility and helping others discover the unique stories that every corner of the map has to offer.

Hello @LeoXavier and Welcome to Local Guides Connect.

I want to inform you that I’m merging your post to our monthly feature Introduce Yourself — July 2026 to you , where you can meet local guides from around the world.

Moreover, Here you can follow the five prompts below and share your introduction In this thread including your photo (in landscape mode).

1.Name:

2.Location:

3.What I love about being a Local Guide:

4.My favorite thing to explore:

5.Fun Fact about me:

A landscape photo of you with a brief description.

I also wanted to recommend to you, check Read first! Connect community guidelines for more information on Connect redesign FAQ: Your questions answered!,
& You can also Visit Community guidelines & you can read also How do I write a topic on Connect? for in-depth resources on the Connect features.

and many more :blush:

google map.pdf (261.6 KB)I celebrate my gratitude from google map I acquired 13k views on my photos

2 Likes

That’s amazing, keep the awesomeness up :+1:

Congratulations! Ali980

اسلام علیکم
@Ali980
لوکل گائیڈز کنیکٹ فورم پر خوش آمدید

یہ فورم دنیا بھر کے لوکل گائیڈ ز کا اپنے اپنے تجربات کا دنیا کے سامنے اظہار کا سب سے منفرد فورم ہے ۔ آپ بھی یہاں اپنے کھانے ، سفر ، نئی جگہوں ، اور خاص طور پر اپنے ملک کی ایسی جگہوں کا تعارف کروا سکتے ہیں جو دنیا کی نظر سے ابھی تک اوجھل ہیں۔

میں آپ کی پوسٹ کے بارے میں ایک طرف توجہ دلانا چاہتا ہوں کہ آپ جب بھی انشاءللہ آئندہ پوسٹ بنائیں تو اس میں ساتھ میں معلوماتی مضمون بشمول ان جگہوں کے گوگل میپس لنکس کا بھی اضافہ کریں ۔ اور

آپ میری پروفائل بھی اگر ملاحظہ کریں تو اس سے بھی آپ کو اپنی آئندہ کی پوسٹس تخلیق کرنے میں مدد مل سکتی ہے ۔

مید ہے کہ آپ میری تجویز کو مثبت انداز میں لینگے ۔ اور کسی بھی قسم کا مشورہ درکار ہو تو آپ بلا جھجھک مجھے میسج بھیج سکتے ہیں ۔

اور ضروری نہیں کہ آپ انگریزی زبان میں لکھیں بلکہ آپ اردو میں بھی پوسٹ لکھ سکتے ہیں مگر تصویریں خوبصورت اور معیاری استعمال کیجےگا تاکہ آپ کی پوسٹ پرکشش نظر آئے ۔

ان لنکس کو کلک کرکے دیکھئے

Read first! Connect community guidelines

اور

How to tell a story through your photography.

چونکہ آپ اس فورم پر نئے ہیں میں آپ کے لئے تجویز دینا چاہونگا که آپ اپنا تعارف کنیکٹ کے ماہانہ فیچر

Introduce yourself July 2026

اس سے ہمیں آپ کے بارے میں مزید جاننے کا موقع ملیگا ۔

آپ یہاں پر اپنا تعارف اس طرح کروا سکتے ہیں

آپ کا نام :

شہر اور ملک :

لوکل گائیڈ لیول :

آپ کی ایک تصویر :

اور آپ کے ارادے کہ بطور لوکل گائیڈ آپ اپنی کمیونٹی کے لئے کیا کر سکتے ہیں ؟

مزید یہ کہ آپ اپنی پوسٹ کو مزید پر کشش بنانے کے لئے اس آرٹیکل

Community guidelines )سے مدد لے

Read first! Connect community guidelines

سکتے ہیں

یہ آرٹیکل آپ کے لئے مددگار ثابت ہو سکتا

ہے

اور کنیکٹ کے Search کو استعمال کرتے ھوۓ آپ لوگوں کی پوسٹس دیکھ سکتے ہیں کہ یہاں کس طرح کی پوسٹس لوگ کرتے ہیں اور کیا چیز پسند کی جاتی ہے ۔

شکریہ

کاشف

Hi @Emos welcome to local guide connect.

Thanks @MoniDi for introducing her with community .

1. Name: Wahida Rahman

2. Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh

3. What led you to become a Local Guide:

I love to travel and I love to eat. Doesn’t matter if it is for suggestions of restaurants, hotels or resorts, I always prefer to check Google maps to read the reviews, real experience from the people and see the real pictures as well. So, it helps a lot with making decisions and choosing the right place as per my criteria.

I also love to share my experience, reviews and photos as a local guide, so that I can also help people with easier decision making and provide more visibility.

4. My favorite thing to explore:

My favorite thing to explore is visiting new places and trying different food-related places. I am also a beach loving person. I love to plan my tour in 2 ways. Budget friendly tour and a luxury stay which will be a treat to myself.

As I said I am more of a beach person, so whenever I am planning a tour, my favorite thing is to find a good place to stay beside the beach and also finding beach side restaurants in Google map.

Based on budget, picture and reviews, I finally chose the place. Same way, I have also suggested some places to my family & friends and they loved it. :blush:

5. Fun fact about me:

Though I said I am a beach loving person, I am scared of water. Lol….

And after coming back from one tour, I am on planning of my next one either it’s in Bangladesh or outside of Bangladesh.

I’m very excited to connect with fellow Local Guides from around the world and learn about your favorite places, food experiences, and local discoveries.

4 Likes

Hello! I am Adeeb Al-Abbasi, a certified master jeweler and expert in gold purities (18K, 21K, 22K), manual casting techniques, and the revival of Sabaean heritage. I’m excited to join this community and share my journey

1 Like

Halo @Adeeb1 selamat datang di komunitas ini.

alangkah baiknya anda perkenalkan diri anda disini supaya semua pemandu lokal dapat mengenal anda.

jangan segan untuk bertanya, karena semua disini pasti akan membantumu.
semangat berkontribusi.

salam hangat,

Hello, Local Guides!

Hi everyone! :waving_hand:

I’m Dr. Rambabu Surabattula, and I’m excited to be part of the Google Local Guides Connect community.

I enjoy exploring new places and sharing honest reviews, photos, and helpful information to make it easier for others to discover great destinations, restaurants, temples, hotels, railway stations, and local businesses. I believe that every genuine review can help someone make a better decision and support local communities.

Professionally, I work as a biomedical researcher, but in my free time I love traveling, visiting cultural and spiritual places, and contributing to Google Maps. Through Local Guides, I’ve had the opportunity to share my experiences from different countries and help improve the quality of information available on Google Maps.

I’m looking forward to connecting with fellow Local Guides, learning from your experiences, and contributing more to this amazing global community.

Thank you, and happy mapping! :globe_showing_europe_africa::round_pushpin:

1 Like

Halo @SaaRuk
selamat datang di connect.

saya perhatikan anda sudah memperkenalkan diri anda disini , baiknya di edit saja postingan anda yang ini, karena moderator pasti akan memindah postingan ini.

namun anda tidak perlu khawatir disini pasti akan dibantu jika anda ada pertanyaan.

wah anda seorang insinyur,
semangat berkontribusi.

salam hangat,

Hi @SaaRuk

A warm welcome to Local Guides Connect :bouquet:

Connect is a place to get to know other Local Guides, plan activities, share your stories, give feedback, and more. Since you’re new to the community, you might want to share a bit about yourself and get to know others in our monthly Introduce Yourself topic.

Please share your introduction as follows:
1.Name:
2.Location:
3.What I love about being a Local Guide:
4.My favorite thing to explore:
5.Fun Fact about me:

Also, please check:
• Read First: Connect community guidelines.
• Connect FAQ: Your questions answered..

I am merging your posts here to keep Connect streamlined.

Thank you

Hi @Adeeb1

A warm welcome to Local Guides Connect :bouquet:

Connect is a place to get to know other Local Guides, plan activities, share your stories, give feedback, and more. Since you’re new to the community, you might want to share a bit about yourself and get to know others in our monthly Introduce Yourself topic.

Please share your introduction as follows:
1.Name:
2.Location:
3.What I love about being a Local Guide:
4.My favorite thing to explore:
5.Fun Fact about me:

Also, please check:
• Read First: Connect community guidelines.
• Connect FAQ: Your questions answered..

I am merging your posts here to keep Connect streamlined.

Thank you

Thank you

1. Name:
Rambabu Surabattula

2. Location:
Mainz, Germany

3. What I love about being a Local Guide:
I enjoy helping people discover reliable places through my honest reviews, photos, and recommendations. It is rewarding to know that my contributions make travel and everyday decisions easier for others while supporting local businesses and communities.

4. My favorite thing to explore:
I love exploring temples, historical landmarks, railway stations, restaurants, cafés, and scenic travel destinations. I especially enjoy sharing experiences from spiritual places and unique local attractions.

5. Fun Fact about me:
I’m a biomedical researcher by profession and a passionate traveler in my free time. Wherever I go, I enjoy discovering new places, tasting local food, and documenting my experiences to help fellow travelers.

1 Like

Hi Wahida! I’m so glad to meet you too. :blush: It’s really wonderful to connect with fellow Local Guides here. I can totaly understand your fear of water, but sometimes just enjoying the view from the shore is amazing in itself! :ocean::beach_with_umbrella: Happy guiding!"