Phew… I was getting worried wondering if the Pakistan community will get involved or not! Please speak to your community and I hope that a lot of the Pakistan Local Guides will be interested to take part!
And if the Pakistan community is taking part, please decide on a person of contact and also which week the community will like to reserve for their spotlight! Thanks!
Cambodia would like to participate in the Week #46, point of contact @SophatCHY Thank you and can’t wait for this amazing idea to bloom @AdrianLunsong !
Dear Support Team,
My name is Mostafa Esfandiari, and my account with the username mostafaren appears to have been suspended. I have not received any notification or explanation regarding the reason for this suspension, and I kindly ask you to review my account status and provide guidance on how to resolve the issue
Dear Local Guides Team,
Thank you for your message regarding my account. I understand that my profile may have appeared to represent a brand or organization, and I sincerely apologize for any confusion this may have caused..
I would like to clarify that I am an individual and wish to continue participating in the Local Guides program as such. Unfortunately, my account has been suspended and I am currently unable to log in to make the necessary changes to my name, photo, and bio.
I kindly request that you temporarily reactivate my account so I can update my profile to fully comply with the program rules. I am committed to correcting any issues and continuing my contributions as an unbiased individual.
Thank you for your understanding and support.
Sincerely,
Mostafa Esfandiari ..
Email: [REMOVED]
Sorry to hear about your situation. From the update to your message, it looks like you have been told the reason for the suspension.
Unfortunately, there is nothing the community can do to fix your issue as it is for the Local Guides team (Google) to deal with you directly about this. Please continue to communicate with them directly as that is the best way. Having a duplicate conversation here on Connect won’t be necessary.
For your future reference:
Please use the search bar in Connect (at the top of the page) to search for topics that can help provide some understanding/solutions to problems you may face. It is worth putting in the time to search and read the various relevant topics as you usually should find something helpful.
If you can’t find any solutions on Connect, please send a message to one of the Google Moderators. You can create a new post using the Google Maps tips & tricks category and the How-tos tag, post your question there and tag only one Google Moderator; tagging more than one does not escalate your issue!
Please also be familiar with the terms and conditions for participating in the Local Guides program, as violating them can easily see your account suspended.
Lastly, please do not include any personal information like emails, phone numbers etc in any posts on Connect as it is a public forum where every page is indexed and searchable by any search engine. So, those kind of sensitive information is strictly prohibited. As such, please edit your comment to remove your email address.
I know that this does not resolve your problem, but do understand that it is down to Google to work with you on this. Hope the suggestions and explanations above help!
Edit: Please note that I have flagged your issue with the Local Guides team so they should see it tomorrow during their office hours, so you don’t need to message them about it. I can also guess that their advice would most likely be to continue your conversation via the email that you received as you’ve already started the query there. If they do anything, it will just create a duplicate query and may actually delay the support that you’re looking for.
Your personal information was removed from this topic. We do not encourage Local Guides to share private information publicly on Connect to protect yours and other users’ privacy and safety.
Please take a moment to review our community policy and check these useful tips on using this community before posting.
That is a fantastic initiative and a really thoughtful way to celebrate the community! I love the idea of the Community Spotlights and putting the focus on the groups that make the program so special.
However, I have to be honest and say that as a frequently traveling tour guide, I don’t think I have the time capacity to commit to all the tasks required for a full spotlight week (the five posts, coordinating video content, and hosting multiple meet-ups). It feels a bit too structured and involved for my current schedule.
I’m afraid it’s just too many things to do and too time-consuming for me right now.
That said, I think it’s a brilliant concept, and I would certainly love to join some of the virtual meet-ups!
Thank you for organizing this—it’s a wonderful idea!
To be clear, the examples I provided are just examples. It’s meant to give folks some ideas of what they can put together and also, what to talk about. A participating community can do as much or as little as they can based on their availability.
Also, it’s not meant to be for 1 person to do everything. If your community is made up of 5 people, you can split the tasks so that the workload is shared. As as a group of 5 people, they just need to discuss what is feasible (how many posts to make), what skillsets are available (creating cover photos, hosting meetups, editing photos/videos etc) and how to much to commit. Again, that’s just an example and it should just scale from 3 people to 20 people (or more).
As you can imagine, the more people in your community, the easier the workload on everyone!
I really appreciate that the guidelines are flexible and that the commitment can be scaled based on what a group can handle.
My main issue, actually, isn’t the workload itself, but my availability as a coordinator or group user. As you know, I’m a tour leader, and especially during the November/December period, I’ll be traveling abroad with groups quite frequently.
Because of the nature of my travel, it’s really difficult for me to guarantee the consistency and week-to-week coordination needed to lead an activity group and make sure all activities are completed on time. I wouldn’t want to commit a community and then not be able to follow up properly.
For this reason, I think I’ll stick to joining the virtual meet-ups whenever the time zone allows, just to support and celebrate everyone else, rather than nominating a group that I couldn’t fully back.
Good luck with the initiative! I really hope it’s a huge success!
@AdrianLunsong last but not least!!! Local Guides Mexico officialy requests to be registered in the initiative. We would take week 49, please. And the point of contact … me too so, @cuicani
Thanks so much for being the point of contact for your community and huge thanks to your community for taking part in this initiative!!
I will be in touch shortly through a private group message on Connect so do look out for that (you should get a notification and you can also check your messages as shown below). We can use that space to chat, raise questions, etc.
Based on your feedback you’ve given me, this is the tentative scheduling for the various spotlights. I would like to lock this down in the coming days! It’s still Oct 1st in the Western Hemisphere so there may be some late additions.
Week
Dates
Slot 1
Slot 2
45
3-9 Nov
TRAC
Canada
46
10-16 Nov
Cambodia
47
17-23 Nov
Nigeria
48
24-30 Nov
L’équipe Francophone
India
49
1-7 Dec
Indonesia
Mexico
50
8-14 Dec
Argentina
I don’t know about you all, but I’m super excited about this!! Chat to you all soon!!
@AdrianLunsong
About 10 days ago, my Google Connect account with the ID mostafaren was suspended. According to your previous message, the account was supposed to be permanently deleted after this period.
However, 10 days have passed and no action has been taken — my account still appears to be active.
If possible, please proceed with the complete deletion of the account so I can create a new one without any issues.
Thank you
Dear Support Team
My name is Mostafa Esfandiari, and my account with the username mostafaren appears to have been suspended. I have not received any notification or explanation regarding the reason for this suspension, and I kindly ask you to review my account status and provide guidance on how to resolve the issue
Dear Local Guides Team,
Thank you for your message regarding my account. I understand that my profile may have appeared to represent a brand or organization, and I sincerely apologize for any confusion this may have caused..
I would like to clarify that I am an individual and wish to continue participating in the Local Guides program as such. Unfortunately, my account has been suspended and I am currently unable to log in to make the necessary changes to my name, photo, and bio.
I kindly request that you temporarily reactivate my account so I can update my profile to fully comply with the program rules. I am committed to correcting any issues and continuing my contributions as an unbiased individual.
Thank you for your understanding and support.
Sincerely,
Mostafa Esfandiari .1
You are copying and pasting your comment from before. As I’ve mentioned before, please don’t tag people unnecessarily in your message. Everyone that you’ve tagged are not part of any support team that can assist you .
Hi Adrian,
Thanks for your response. I truly appreciate your time and attention.
My issue still hasn’t been resolved and honestly, I don’t know what else I should do at this point.
If possible, could you please tag the appropriate support team members who can actually help me with this?
My Local Guides level is 10 and I’ve always tried to contribute positively to the community.
I’d really love to collaborate with you and be part of this amazing platform—I promise I won’t let you down.
Thanks again for your support