Closing 2025 with Community Spotlights #10YearsOfLocalGuides

Hi @AdrianLunsong
Wow, this sounds like it would be really interesting to learn about the great community out there. If I get the chance, I’ll register my community in Indonesia to participate.

For community grouping, if referring to a country, I would mention Indonesia Local Guides, which has a national event called Meet Up Nusantara. However, referring to community guidelines from a few years ago (G+?) that named communities after cities, I have Batu Local Guides, which has hosted numerous meetups, both in Batu City and other cities. Which one best fits your concept?

2 Likes

@curatorofmemory @Ptrivedi I’m just wondering if the Indian Local Guides community can come together under one mega community i.e. Indian Local Guides instead of the different smaller communities e.g. Delhi, Pune, Mumbai etc?

The way you could structure your community spotlight could be like this:
Post 1) Intro from Indian LG community; representing everyone from the whole of India
Post 2) Intro to the various sub-communities within India e.g. Delhi, Bengaluru, Pune, Mumbai etc
Post 3a) Food & Drinks; highlight food/drinks from Delhi (this post is managed by the Delhi community)
Post 3b) Food & Drinks; highlight food/drinks from Bengaluru (this post is managed by the Bengaluru community)
Post 3c) Food & Drinks; highlight food/drinks from Pune (this post is managed by the Pune community)
Post 4) Popular places of India
etc..

So, amongst yourselves you can decide which community will manage each post, OR, you can work together in a single post too. For example, if you’re doing a food post, the Delhi community can share two dishes from their area, Pune community can share another 2 dishes and Mumbai community can share another 2 dishes.

Yes, it will take a bit more effort to come together and split the work but we should have the time to do this for Nov/Dec.

Let me know if you think this is possible.. thanks

6 Likes

@Sophea_Cambodia @SophatCHY @Meta @SengPheng @Makara_YEM @ViasnaPhon
I appreciate that some people may be busy during the chosen week but most of the work can be prepared in advance e.g. during October and then only published during your spotlight week.

And since it’s a group activity, you can split the work amongst yourselves and figure out who does what based on availability etc. Hope that helps and can entice you all to join in :blush:

5 Likes

@SamanthaSheehy None yet, unfortunately!! I’m still trying to poke a few folks to join in! :rofl:

2 Likes

@TerryPG Great news!! I’ll put you down as week 1 or 2.. and then as communities sign up, we can finalise the slots in early Oct. :+1: By the way, do you know who’s the point of contact?

2 Likes

@CamilaPardo By the way, do you know which week Team Argentina will pick for their spotlight? At the moment, we have communities for Wk 45-48, so you can choose Wk 49 or Wk 50. This is not fully finalised yet especially if we have more than 6 communities participating and we need to double up on certain weeks. Thanks!

2 Likes

Great, Yes @AdrianLunsong I will be the point of contact. Thank you.

2 Likes

@AdrianLunsong. Good suggestion but we are a very very large community and it will be extremely difficult to coordinate. The Delhi NCR community itself is very big

2 Likes

Hi @br14n
Ideally it would be great to have the various communities in Indonesia come together as as a mega community i.e. Indonesia Local Guides! Similar to my advice to the India Local Guides community, you can split the work amongst the different Indonesian groups and decide amongst yourselves how best to delegate the tasks, who writes which parts of a posts, who can host the virtual meet-ups etc. This is a collaboration amongst your community members so that they can also get to know Indonesian Local Guides from other areas.

If you can discuss amongst all the different Indonesian groups, and then let me know who is your point of contact and which week you would like to do the spotlight! :blush:

1 Like

@TerryPG Thanks… and loving the Local Guides Canada sticker/logo in the signature!!

2 Likes

@curatorofmemory I understand that but if I look at the list of participating communities and I see Delhi taking part but not the rest of India.. it will also look a bit odd because I’ll be wondering where the other Indian Local Guides are! :sweat_smile: And if there are other Indian Local Guides who are interested to participate but they are not part of the Delhi group.. (or any of the big Indian communities), what will happen to them?

Can Team Delhi represent India as Team India i.e. the majority of your participants are from the Delhi community but you can also accept other Local Guides from other parts of India, and write and showcase India as a whole?

Also, one of the objective for this initiative is for the various communities in a country to work together… just as I’ve advised @PeteMHW to think of a UK community rather than just Manchester and for @br14n to do a Indonesia spotlight rather than just Batu. :blush:

Give it some thought over the next few days and let me know of your decision! :+1:

5 Likes

This is very much doable. We are ready and geared up for this.

2 Likes

We are ready and geared up for this
@AdrianLunsong

2 Likes

Hi @adrianlunsong ! I talked with the argentinian team and if you need 2 communities in one week we preferred Wk 46 but if there aren’t more communities we can choose Wk 50

2 Likes

@AdrianLunsong thanks for the note. I’m new to this Spotlights idea and am not fully clear yet. I’ll review the post again and check with Bong @Sophea_Cambodia to guide me.
We’ll coordinate as a team, split the tasks, and prepare drafts in October, then publish during our spotlight week.
I’ll come back soon with our plan and a point of contact.
@SengPheng @Makara_YEM @ViasnaPhon @Meta

4 Likes

Ok, I would love to take a place in Week 49. I will spread the good news to many local guide groups in Indonesia and discuss the details

1 Like

Amazing plan of action for ending this year with our beautiful community

1 Like

@AdrianLunsong. Looking forward to. Thanks

1 Like

Wow, this sounds super exciting! :tada: Thanks a lot for putting together such a creative idea to celebrate the end of the year with the community.

I really like the concept of Community Spotlights — it’s such a nice way for us to learn about each other’s places, food, and cultures while also giving new members a chance to shine. And honestly, the Big Party meet-up at the end feels like the perfect way to wrap up 2025 in style. :confetti_ball:

I’d love to be part of this and I’ll definitely connect with other Local Guides from my side to see how we can contribute during our week. Can’t wait to celebrate together! :raising_hands:

1 Like

Thanks @nish_25 Hope you’re participating as well! :blush:

1 Like