rtsayles's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Looking for the best Ski Resort :)

Hello Community,

I have a question regarding Ski Resorts.  A group of my friends is planning a ski trip, but we want to pick the best one out there.  Anyone have any suggestions, it doesn't matter the location.  We're currently in North America but are willing to travel.  Hope to hear your input soon. 

Best,

Robby

Robby Sayles
Dallas, TX, United States
8 comments
Level 5

Re: Looking for the best Ski Resort :)

Hi @rtsayles

You can try http://www.ski.com/

Level 6

My favourite is Vail in Colorado. Fairly easy to get to, with some great runs. Commercial, to be sure, but good skiing. See www.vail.com.

Level 3

One of the two best in Argentina is Chapelco ski resort y Neuquén province, the exchange rate from dollars to pesos is great for American tourists. You'll have great service and lots of tracks to explore, from newbie level to expert out of tracks to explore. The other smaller one y Las leñas with less tracks but super awesome attention. Hope this helps. Safe trip and good luck

Level 8

Awesome @Rodrigo MartinA @ThomasLee @ZuhairM, I'll look into all your suggestions.  Many thanks for the input, we're excited about this trip. 

Robby

Robby Sayles
Level 3

@rtsayles i think San Martin or Las Leñas would be great, ofcourse depending on how skilled you guys are. But trust me the exchange rate its defenetly worth and you´lll notice how good turns out to be in a place like San Martin or Las Leñas

Level 10

Hi @rtsayles i can show you this wonderful work made by street view photographers and local guides, it's in Italy. Don't know if it's out of your range, but you shold have a look:

http://www.topviewski.com/

Googler

My absolute favorite skiing is in Snowmass, CO.  For the following reasons:

• you can get a pass that allows you to ski four mountains (legit ones) all within a few miles and shuttle bus from one another (Snowmass, Ajax, Buttermilk and Aspen Highlands)
  • Food in aspen is fantastic
  • kids also have a blast, and great ski schools and/or daycare centers

Check it out!

Level 9

We have a few amazing ski resorts in British Columbia, Canada. My favorite two are Sun Peaks Resort which is the second largest ski mountain in Canada.

skiing.jpg

And of course there is Whistler, which is amazing. The 2010 Olympics where hosted here, the village alone if worth spending a week here.  With the Horstman Glacier you ski until July.

If you are up for a real challenge then you must visit Revelstoke Mountain Resort this is a mountain!! Where most blues are black, and great double black diamonds.