BishowvijayaP's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Chapakharka Hiking with Google Local Guides || Lalitpur, Nepal

Chapakharka Hike: a memorandum from Feb. 19, 2018

IT’S NOT JUST A HIKE, RATHER IT’S A PLEASURE OF LIVING A LIFE.

This auspicious gathering of Google local guides was happened before ww map edit walk by Alejandra but I became too late to create this post. So I have an apology with our team members.

The pleasure of living a life :)The pleasure of living a life 🙂

If possible, hiking to the nearby destination always hunts in our mind. So we came up with hiking to the Chapakharka; the paragliding station nearby Kathmandu valley of Nepal.

Paragliding in ChapakharkaParagliding in Chapakharka

The hike to Chapakharka starts from National Botanical Garden, Godawari, Lalitpur where one can reach from public vehicles. There is vehicle accessible road upto the top of the hill but this doesn’t matter for energetic hikers like us. There is no need to be worried in case energy is lost since a day is more than enough for any person to summit the top and return back. For paragliders the service providers manage to take them to the top in a vehicle and  let them vanish in the sky with the pace of blown air. The only thing that costs in a hike is your energy. The water bottles and food items are the boosters which one can carry as per need. Of course there are few shops at the top of the peak.

IMG_20180219_142348.jpgIMG_20180219_095733.jpgIMG_20180219_142310.jpg

HOW WAS OUR DAY SPENT?

A general planning was already set up. There was no any hierarchy but of course the division of work. All the hikers were informed to bring some stuffs like utensils, fast foods, homemade foods etc. I was already in the Lagankhel Bus Park at 7 AM. Later Surendra and Rupendra joined me. We purchased some readymade foods items till our food minister of that day; Laxmi arrived. As she came up with a mini team we managed to travel from Lagankhel to Godawari in micro bus. Home made food items were in her part.

CollageMaker_20180510_223018139.jpg

We gave a start to our hike with a cup of tea. It was clearly seen that the energy meter of Laxmi ji was decelerating too fast. We levelled up the energy frequently with rest, drink, eat and fun. I played a best role of porter throughout a journey.

It been just 2 days that I was freed up from fever. As soon as we reached the top the blow of air added me a bit uncomfortability. Guides were telling me that my eyes went completely red. I already had informed the team that I will join but I am not fine. Laxmi ji had brought a medicine also and thanks to her.

CollageMaker_20180510_223419867~2.jpg

We were 6 in journey. Beside me other hikers were @Surendra, @RupendraNeupane, @LaxmiG1, @Anupama & @Sudesh We didn’t know why, but a dog followed us throughout a hike. We tried to feed the dog but it never accepted our request. But the dog didn’t let us go alone even a single minute too. So I am very sorry to say above that we were 6 in the hike. In fact we were 7 in a hike.

At the top we spent some extra time. Guides fulfilled the interest of snapping jumping photos there. Laxmi distributed the homemade food to all. We observed the paragliding skills then managed to get down.

CollageMaker_20180510_223319450~2.jpg

While returning Anupama felt difficulty in getting down. Now one idea we earned: one who ascends slowly doesn’t necessarily mean that he/she descends slowly and vice-versa.

Surendra and Rupendra are enthusiastic and amicable local guides. They added extra fun to the journey. I wish to give them a title of photographers for that day. Surendra was a guide to our journey as well.

CollageMaker_20180510_222741840~2.jpg

We wanted to end up in the same way as we begun. So we joined a cafe and energized with a cup of tea. Then we took a ride and dropped off in the respective feasible destinations.

Here is our digital capture of our delightful moments.

Thank you so much for taking your valuable time to read this post. We wish to see you everybody participating in upcoming gatherings. Our team is always here to welcome you wholeheartedly.

IMG_20180219_111114~4.jpg

Happy guiding! happy mapping!

Kathmandu, Nepal
50 comments
Level 6

Re: Chapakharka Hiking with Google Local Guides || Lalitpur, Nepal

@BishowvijayaP What a geat posting with awesome photos! This looked like a fabulous trip, I'd love to do something like this one day.

Level 10

Interesting post @BishowvijayaP. Amazing and lovely photos, good to see all happy and smiling faces of everyone I know in there. Thanks for sharing with us.

P.S

Is it Worldwide Photo-walk or Worldwide Map Edit Walk ☺

Level 9

This post shows so much friendship, bonding and undiluted fun @BishowvijayaP . I would definitely join too if I had fever because this wasn't a meetup to hear about without being a part of it. Kudos to the 7th local guide on joining your meetup. @Sagir what do you think 

Connect Moderator

Wow... @BishowvijayaP you guys had fun filled hiking ..

From the happy faces I can conclude that it was awesome day..

@LaxmiG1 @RupendraNeupane @Surendra @Anupama and @Sudesh 

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve

Level 8

@BishowvijayaP had so much fun, looking forward for another trip @LaxmiG1 @RupendraNeupane 

Level 7

What an amazing hike @BishowvijayaP!

The pictures and videos are lovely and everyone looks like they are smiling and having a lot of fun.

Thanks for sharing!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BishowvijayaP wao what a great Meet-Up, lovely paragliding idea that looks so amazing, happy to see you all legends at same place

Regards

Ata Ur Rehman 

Level 8

Most awesome moments, had so much fun and one of the best way to make life happy and enjoyable @BishowvijayaP lets arrange next hiking program @Surendra @RupendraNeupane lets rock guys 

Thank you 

happy mapping happy hiking 

Cheers !!!

Level 9

yeeeah ,, i feel very very  happy and smiling after seeing this smiley Friends @BishowvijayaP @LaxmiG1 @Surendra @RupendraNeupane i love you guys