Kamalhasnainee's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: Rise Your Hand - "Before The Flood"

Thanks @PaulPavlinovich for your valuable reply and it is real that only one country or any developed country is not causes for this situation, we are all & we have to solve this problem working by get together. I think it would be good if our community or Google do something for this! @TraciC . Our community is a largest & we are from all over the world & from all corner of the world. So, if Google take any initiative about solving the problem as a commitment to social development. It can be any awareness program or anything else. Thanks to all & happy guiding. @ErmesT 

Love to Hear ; Love to Share !
Kamal Hasnainee
Bangladesh
Connect Moderator

I would wholeheartedly agree with you @ErmesT. Here in California we just ended a 4-year drought. It hurt everyone from the seed farmer to the farmer/rancher to truck driver to the grocery store to us the end consumer by having higher food prices or no food. In 2016, there were no cherries because the weather was too warm in the winter and when it did rain, it rained at the wrong time - destroyed the blossoms on the fruit trees. 

Same with dungeons crab season. Water was too warm a year or two ago which made the crabs toxic. So the crab fishermen couldn't fish for the season. Killed their jobs. Trickles down to their communities - no money. 

I could go on and on with many stories. I see Bangladesh is having terrible flooding in the news. The water is rising in Venice, which hurts both the locals and the global tourist industry that depends on them to come visit and spend money. 

Cheers,

Karen

Connect Moderator

@BishowvijayaP, I hate to say it the damaging pollution and excess waste is coming from the US more than any place else in the world. I read that 40% of the food grown in American goes into landfills because we don't eat it. That is a lot of water, fertilizer, etc. used for nothing.

Cheers,

Karen

Level 9

I have seen the situation of California in that documentary by Leonardo DiCaprio. @KarenVChin It is really a terrible situation in various countries including Bangladesh. I think everyone should see that documentary! Thanks.

Kamal Hasnainee
Bangladesh
Level 10

I agree with you @PaulPavlinovich.

Developed countries are not alone so I mentioned them as major causes. 

Some good initiations are happening now to reduce consumption of fossil fuels. Germany is ahead of this.

Germany said that it will displace all the petroleum consuming vehicles by solar vehicles till 2030 AD. Lets hope for the best. 

😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊

@PaulPavlinovich wrote:

Hi @BishowvijayaP I don't think developed countries are alone in causing air pollution. The only real way to make any difference is completely stop using fossil fuels and reduce the beasts in the world that contribute methane (including ourselves). There isn't any easy answer. Everyone is slowly making advances but change is slow, cultural change is even slower, the political climate of greed changes even more slowly. For all the good change we manage for ourselves the earth itself contributes tremendously to global warming and it would do that if we were here or not. I don't doubt we're making it worse and we can make it better.

Regards

Paul

@BishowvijayaP wrote:

Developed countries are the major causes of air pollution due to which green house effect is increasing thus leading a global warming.

Level 10

Yes there is a global imbalance everywhere @KarenVChin.

My country gets a lot of offers for carbon trading from countries who contribute more pollution in an environment. Countries are trying to legalize themselves by this carbon trading system. But this process can't reduce the damage of geographic specific damages.

How nice would it be if the 40% of the food wasted in US is transferred to the parts of Africa or anywhere where people are facing starvation.But this is the good news for US people that the country can tolerate more population density in upcoming days also.

In current world humanity is influenced by politics, religion and personal interest. In upcoming days radiation pollution will undermine all other pollution.

@KarenVChin wrote:

@BishowvijayaP, I hate to say it the damaging pollution and excess waste is coming from the US more than any place else in the world. I read that 40% of the food grown in American goes into landfills because we don't eat it. That is a lot of water, fertilizer, etc. used for nothing.

Cheers,

Karen

Level 9

Nice @BishowvijayaP vote from me! I am impressed about your helpful voice and it is right that if any rich people or any rich country help others or compromise with their living style then it will be huge just huge for others..!  All of you can see the living style of western rather than people of other side can't live with their normal lives. They are fighting always for their normal living style & that is their hopeful and happy life. @KarenVChin

Kamal Hasnainee
Bangladesh
Level 9

@Kamalhasnainee This has become a very informative post with the input of so many people from many different parts of the world. Of course climate change has taken a big role in the universe. Even in Sri Lanka we faced some severe droughts and floods in the near past. We as a tropical country has almost lost our seasonal pattern of rainfall. Moreover, another fact that disappointed me is the loss of coral reefs. Being a passionate snorkeler, I can apparently see the coral reefs getting bleached and losing their quality. Also the parrot fishes in the reefs, who are commonly considered as the quality parameters of a healthy reef. They are very rarely sited in Sri Lanka during my snorkeling visits. As everyone of us know, climate change is something that needs immediate action. There are several other funding agencies in Sri Lanka working on it at the moment.

Level 9

Let's promise : "I will not do any such thing by which the environment will be damaged"

Now it is a partial news that playing in some countries in various platform to solve. @IlankovanT all of them are trying to solve this problem immediately working with staying in a single contract. As a general person we have aware about it and let's aware our friends and others. It's not such a avoidable post. With this post we can spread a message or spread the spirit of our voice about solving the problem of climate change to protect the planet before destroy us. Now, let's promise : "I will not do any such thing by which the environment will be damaged" by rising your hand like me -

let's promise : "I will not do any such thing by which the environment will be damaged"let's promise : "I will not do any such thing by which the environment will be damaged"

@OSAMA @BishowvijayaP @ErmesT

Kamal Hasnainee
Bangladesh
Level 9

Re: Let's promise : "I will not do any such thing by which the environment will be damaged&quot

Let's promise - @AnuradhaP @SalmaanN @ShafiulB @JonasKL @SanyaOdare @HelloSamsonR

@Kamalhasnainee wrote:

Now it is a partial news that playing in some countries in various platform to solve. @IlankovanT all of them are trying to solve this problem immediately working with staying in a single contract. As a general person we have aware about it and let's aware our friends and others. It's not such a avoidable post. With this post we can spread a message or spread the spirit of our voice about solving the problem of climate change to protect the planet before destroy us. Now, let's promise : "I will not do any such thing by which the environment will be damaged" by rising your hand like me -

let's promise : "I will not do any such thing by which the environment will be damaged"let's promise : "I will not do any such thing by which the environment will be damaged"

@OSAMA @BishowvijayaP @ErmesT

Kamal Hasnainee
Bangladesh