Level 7

Re: #LGSummit Attendees on Bikes!!! 🚲

Another angle of our tour.WhatsApp Image 2017-10-19 at 09.00.22.jpeg

Level 9

Very nice shot @CaduF :-))))

Level 10

@KimberlyAnnG thank you for organizing the bike ride. I am so happy that you loved the turnout and that it is better than local San Francisco meet-up! haha, don't underestimate the Summit group of the most enthusiastic people out there. Great fun and spirit.

Really fun trying to catch you guys on the road. Look at my timeline here, many of us actually kept on cycling, on and on down Embarcadero, yes through the very insane crowd. We saw the airshow, stopped for some food, and still decided to carry on the long road all the way up Golden Gate Bridge. It was so tiring and long I would never have attempted this on my own. I really cycled the entire day from 8am to 9pm. 40km in total. It was very memorable. 

bike.PNG

Follow Instagram & Twitter @jhender. SG updates at #singaporelocalguides. YouTube Fun with Maps
Level 9

Hello LGs friends!

It was a great experience, incredible time we spent toguether. Everything was amazing: all of us on bike exploring San Francisco, a great weather, the fun we had...

And @Andras_H, some of us continue and continue and continue biking until reach the Golden Gate! One day I have to check how many kilometers we made :)))

It was a really good idea @KimberlyAnnG because we had a convivence between us before Summit in an amazing natural enviroment. Congratulations!!!

P.SThanks for the other angle photo @CaduF ðŸ™‚

Level 9

We have post at the same time @JulienH :)))

And I could check you count the kilometers, 40!!! It isn´t bad for one day ...

Level 8

Good to hear that @AlejandraMaria ðŸ™‚ you are tough, did you have pain in your muscles? 

I wanted to cross the bridge again and up to the hill on the left side 😄

but at the same time we tested electric cars for free, enjoyed the Fleet Week and we had to go pickup the rented car for Yosemite 🙂 So we had no time, but of course I would have biked more with you.

next time:)

and yes, @CaduF, thanks for the photo:)

My Contribution Â¤ Self Intro Â¤ Budapest LG G+ Â¤ #LGSummit17: my Recap&Experience / Photos

Level 8

Thank you @CaduF ðŸ™‚

We had a great ride. Thanks @KimberlyAnnG and Bike team.

@CaduF wrote:

Another angle of our tour.WhatsApp Image 2017-10-19 at 09.00.22.jpeg

Level 8

Hi @KimberlyAnnG Kimberly

Thank you for organising the tour. I am in for the next Pre-Summit Bike Tour of SF. Well if not for that flat tyre we definetlly could have done more. It was super awesome experience. Thank you.

@KimberlyAnnG wrote:

What happens when you plan a bike ride with 15+ Local Guides from all over the world, in San Francisco, the Sunday before LG Summit 17???

THIS happens!

Starting group, additional riders joining in all along the way!Starting group, additional riders joining in all along the way!

Let's see if I can manage to tag them all: @IrenaS@FazZ@YK1001@Andras_H@JulienH@CaduF@MuhannadK@Carl,  More in the comments.  LGC only allows 10 tags...  D;

Using a thread that I started in response to others wanting to bike the city I call home, we put together the idea to rent bikes (I brought my folding bike from home) and ride along the San Francisco Bay shore.  Originally, we were going to ride north from the Ferry Building toward the Golden Gate Bridge.  Plan changed when we realized that San Francisco's Fleet Week was the same weekend.  1 million people flood the city (and especially the areas I was planning to go!) to watch air shows and see the Fleet (the U.S. Navy) and all the grandeur of the giant ships back in port.  This does NOT mix well with cycling.  So we went south instead 🙂

Mission Bay is both an old and new part of town in San Francisco.  Home to the Port of San Francisco, it used to be busy with all of the docks and warehouses needed to handle our shipping.  Oakland has really taken over most of that on the opposite side of the Bay and SF's port is slowly fading out.  

I LOVE these doors.  Beautiful urban decay.I LOVE these doors. Beautiful urban decay.

But one thing that Silicon Valley knows how to do masterfully is pivot!  That is exactly what's happening here in the Mission Bay neighborhood. 

In early 2015, Marc Benioff, CEO of Salesforce, opened UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital.  Nearly two years later the neighborhood is showing signs of all that growth.  Shiny new apartment buildings, upswing in business for all the shops and restaurants in the area.  Some really good food and locally crafted spirits are found there now.  You can still see the remains and some operational manufacturing and shipping warehouses.  The ones that are closed are being renovated into loft spaces and businesses while preserving their old bones.  The architecture there is beautiful!

The old Pier 70 Area: Bethlehem Steel Office Building - Building 101.  One of many that is being renovated for a new life!The old Pier 70 Area: Bethlehem Steel Office Building - Building 101. One of many that is being renovated for a new life!

We biked out, using Google Maps biking directions, to Philz Coffee and then slowly made our way back to Justin Herman Plaza.....with the exception of me.  My bike got a flat tire when we were nearly done 😧  I had to Uber the rest of the way and let my new friends go on without me..... 

The green line is our bike tour timeline.The green line is our bike tour timeline.

Pro Tip!:  We set up Location Sharing on Google Maps with all of those on the bike ride and a few that wanted to try and catch up with us.  Best idea EVER!!!!  Because of Location Sharing, at least 3 Summit attending Local Guides were able to join up with us!  I'm going to do this for ALL future Meet Ups.  It just made it sooooo much easier!  Through out the Summit, we continued to use Location Sharing and it saved the day on more than a few instances!

So who's ready to sign up for the NEXT Pre-Summit Bike Tour of SF?  I know I am!  Better get to work on earning my way back!!!  Starting NOW!!!  😄  I hope we all get to do this again next year!

Level 10

@KimberlyAnnG Wow! Nice biking tour local guides summit 17 at san francisco.Thanks for sharing with us.

Former Google Contributor

@KimberlyAnnG - Super cool plan and great photos!

I am not available to respond on the weekend