Andras_H's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

LGSummit17 recap and experience

I am so happy to had that unbelievable 9 days in San Francisco and now a little bit sad at the same time.
First of all a huge thank you and well done to the Google team / LG crew - you just organized us an awesome event, obviously #bestsummitever

I have met a lot of new incredible people, we bounded new amazing friendships. Finally I have real faces to the LGC profiles! So many exciting and new experiences are now memories which we had together, most of them with the so called "Yosemite team" for example
-we slept together 6 of us in a two queen beds motel room before and after the summit for couple of days.. do not ask, somehow we could manage it 😄
-did a 2 days road-trip to the wonderful Yosemite with two huge GMC Yokon XL with 14 LGs together:@MariaFernandaS@SoniaK@Badruddeen@YK1001@MahabubMunna@AnuradhaP@MuhannadK@AinurZ (with her husband Daniyar a with the little girl Zeyneb), Tim, Rohitha, Joe (sry somehow I can't tag more people) 
-had an airbnb house in the middle of nowhere - arrived there at night, no coverage, thought forest - after a bear just crossed our state highway
-had a lot experience in SF together: new restaurants (Thai, Ethiopian, burgers, sea foods), Fisherman's Warf, Cable Car, couple of bars (especially the Saloon!! ), Fleet Week air show, bike tour by @KimberlyAnnG, discovered Alcatraz, Sailing tour by @KarenVChin, (however I did not have a pre-purchased ticket, but I could attend because someone just did not come), how luck is that. 
-we could try electric cars w @Badruddeen (BMW i3 and Toyota Mirai) for free and they even offered us a free lunch afterwards
-took a 9 km hiking in Muir Woods early morning w 8 of us - so cold and so wonderful.
-discovered Sausalito and took a ferry to SF
-Google filmed us ( @SoniaK and me) during wine making and tasting - that was fun. video will be available later
-thanks to Karen, we could visit the SF Google offices, included the secret rooms:) wonderful panorama from the 37th floor.
Here are the selected/edited photos by me (Google Photos Album)
And a couple of random photo. miss you guys.

The "Yosemite Team"The "Yosemite Team"

Visiting THAT bridgeVisiting THAT bridge

A little night expoA little night expo

Heading back to SF after Yosemite road trip.Heading back to SF after Yosemite road trip.

That featured photo by Google Local Guides fb about usThat featured photo by Google Local Guides fb about us

here is the fb post

San Francisco, Kalifornia, Egyesült Államok
41 comments
Level 9

Re: LGSummit17 recap and experience

Well described @Andras_H, it was really amazing experience ..  🙂  

Level 8

Here is the tracklog of the Muir Woods hike:9km hike9km hike

390m elevation in total390m elevation in total

Connect Moderator

That's a great recap @Andras_H. I have to write my recaps on 3 individual meetups too. Whew....a lot of work! And I am short of enough photos too. The best places I have visited or I have enjoyed are, where I forgot to take photos. And that exactly has happened in this trip too. Other than those few group selfies and some cool activity photos of you guys, I have not enough photos with me. I probably am going to steal some from the shared albums. Begging your pardon in advance for the same. Don't worry, due cedit will be given when I use those. 🙂

Thank you for highlighting the key points. It's actually difficult to summarize all those activities in a short recap. At least I can't. I need to work really hard on it. Wish me luck, guys. 🙂

Connect Moderator

So happy to see and read you had such an amazing time here in California pre-, during, and post #LGSummit17 @Andras_H

It was meant to be for you to be lucky 36 for my Sailing the SF Tour. So happy you could join us and for the rest of that magical Friday! Next year, Sail 2.0 will be much better - no epic wildfires - blue skies I promise.

From what I saw last week, you all made long lasting friendships for life. Ahh, one of the many unadvertised benefits from joining and becoming a #LocalGuides!  😃

Cheers,

Karen

Level 10

@Andras_H hope we meet again and plan something new are you readyh for that thing 

Mahabub Hasan
Level 8

Thank you, @SoniaK 🙂 

I think each line in my list would worth a separate post - but it would be really hard and I just do not have time for that. So I decided just summarize the key points. Actually I started to wrote this on the plane from SFO to Amsterdam on my phone at night.

Thanks to Google we have this shared photos album feature - so you can have all of the photos 🙂

Anyway I am waiting for your post to see how did you enjoy the trips, activities and all the experiences

Level 8

@KarenVChin wrote:

So happy to see and read you had such an amazing time here in California pre-, during, and post #LGSummit17 @Andras_H

Thank you @KarenVChin, and also thank you for you suggestions, advice during the planning and preparations phase:)

Sailing SF was just an unplanned, unexpected gift for me (I did need to pay only afterwards :D)

On 13th, around noon during the Alcatraz tour we got that idea with @SoniaK - so I just tried and it worked 😄

@KarenVChin wrote:

From what I saw last week, you all made long lasting friendships for life. Ahh, one of the many unadvertised benefits from joining and becoming a #LocalGuides!  😃

Indeed 🙂

Level 8

@MahabubMunna wrote:

@Andras_H hope we meet again and plan something new are you readyh for that thing 

I am sure we will. either in Hungary, Bangladesh, or maybe again in San Francisco 🙂

Connect Moderator

Hi @Andras_H

You are reminding of a lot of beautiful moments. Watching now at your post, I can clearly say now that next year I definitely need to find a way to stay longer. This year I had the possibility to stay only for the summit  (I had beautiful moments too, you will read soon about it) but I know that I miss a lot of fun.

@SoniaK

I think nobody will complain and everyone will be happy to help you with the photos. 

I agree with @KarenVChin

The undeclared benefit of the summit was (and will be) the build up of lifelong friendships. 

You see, we are all writing also about 2018, considering that we will be together again. So, use this experience as a tool, to prepare everything for the next year. 

I can't wait to see all the 150 recaps, we will have months of fun. 

Back soon with mine

Ermes