cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Abandoned Places [not museums though]

@EhsanD wrote:

@LucioV wrote:

Yeaaahhh! I love abandoned places! First, in the last years, i was looking for these places as set for model book photography, then they started to interest me with or without models!

I should have some collection in some place!

Ciao @LucioV,

What kinds of models? May you share some from that era?

Mainly actors and actresses, but i can't share it public. Just for some i can, but not in that place 😉

Level 8

Thank you @Myrathor

This link is pretty awesome.

Level 8

Former offices of Tesla State Enterprise.opu02.jpgopu05.jpgopu06.jpgopu07.jpg

Level 8

@MiroslavK wrote:

Former offices of Tesla State Enterprise.

WOW, @Myrathor, these are amazing.

Is this open to public? I mean, how you could get inside?

How long this has been left like this? Couple years or decades?

Why did it have this destiny? Corruption?

And can you share the link on GM?

I guess you are referring to "TEchnika SLAboproudá":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tesla_(Czechoslovak_company)

Right? Wikipedia says they stopped in 1989. About 28 yrs ago...

Level 10
Level 8

@Myrathor wrote:

Former offices of Tesla State Enterprise.

opu05.jpg

I have the feeling based on the above photo they were in the middle of packing the stuff but for an unknown reason just gave up and left the buildings.

@Myrathor, can you elaborate more on this if you know more?

Thanks

Level 5

Hi @EhsanD,

an Abandoned Meet-up would be a great idea!  There's not an abandoned places tour, though we could create our own :-).  

A good place to start would be the abandoned ironworks on Belle Island in Richmond (here's some shots I took), then we could drive out highway 360 east towards the Northern Neck (about an hour and a half ride).  There are abandoned places along the way and once on the Northern Neck, you can pick any of the major roads and drive down them to find abandoned places.  I could plan to map some out the next time I go.  Do you pass through Richmond when you go from Roanoke to Baltimore?

Another option is between Charlottesville and Washington DC, there are abandoned places on the back highways, like 29. 

Warm regards, and happy posting!
Pete
Level 8

@38160210003 wrote:

Hi @EhsanD,

an Abandoned Meet-up would be a great idea!  There's not an abandoned places tour, though we could create our own :-).  

A good place to start would be the abandoned ironworks on Belle Island in Richmond (here's some shots I took), then we could drive out highway 360 east towards the Northern Neck (about an hour and a half ride).  There are abandoned places along the way and once on the Northern Neck, you can pick any of the major roads and drive down them to find abandoned places.  I could plan to map some out the next time I go.  Do you pass through Richmond when you go from Roanoke to Baltimore?

Another option is between Charlottesville and Washington DC, there are abandoned places on the back highways, like 29. 

Hi @PeterR61

Thanks for sharing photos. You're really knowledgeable about abandoned places.

And actually that was really informative for me; I thought there is only one Belle Isle and it's in Detroit (because I have traveled there). After reading your reply and googling I realized there are others as well!

I usually take I-81 and sometimes even do not pass through DC and go to north and then take I-70 to Baltimore but since both Richmond and especially Chancellorsville are not too far if you are really interested and have time we can schedule an "Abandoned Meet-up".

There is an amazing spot near Baltimore but I really do not know how we can get there: Fort Caroll (On Google Maps)

Fort Caroll, MarylandFort Caroll, MarylandPhoto source (which includes more photos): Baltimore Sun

Level 10

@EhsanD This is Yahalakele Estate Bungalow in Horana, Sri Lanka. 

DSC_0135-HDR.jpg

DSC_0138-HDR-2.jpg

DSC_0143-HDR-2.jpg

DSC_0144-HDR.jpg

DSC_0166.jpg

Level 8

@AnuradhaP wrote:

@EhsanD This is Yahalakele Estate Bungalow in Horana, Sri Lanka. 

DSC_0135-HDR.jpg

DSC_0138-HDR-2.jpg

DSC_0143-HDR-2.jpg

DSC_0144-HDR.jpg

DSC_0166.jpg

Hi @AnuradhaP

Thanks for spending time to share these nice shoots.

May I ask whether you know why this place got abandoned?

And could you please share Google Maps link as well?

Thank you