Ravi_Kiran's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

which mobile is suitable for 360 degree photos

Hi friends may i know which smart phone is suitable for 360 degree photos.

thanks my dear friends

ravi kiran

6 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: which mobile is suitable for 360 degree photos

Well, I am not that experienced with phones at all. My first "semi-smart" phone was a Nokia but I hated it. Then I got a Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime which I actually liked but it did not have a gyroscope so it was incompatible with the SV App (and the Cardboard Camera App). Now I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 (Edge) which is a great phone,has a gyroscope and a nice camera. It is not a budget phone however although now that S8 is out, its price is expected to drop somewhat. 

I am sure there are cheaper phones with decent cameras and gyroscopes but I cannot really advise in this field, sorry. I made a Google search and found this article. I am not sure how reliable such "tech articles" are however. You will need to make sure that whichever phone you choose, you check it first. Maybe the phone dealer will also be inclined to install the SV App and you can try in the shop. 

Edit: I see you have already discovered this topic: 

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Photography/Which-smartphone-is-best-for-photography/m-p/16663...

View solution in original post

Level 10

Hi @Ravi_Kiran, obviously the better camera a phone has, the better pictures you can take with it but one thing is essential for 360 pictures: the phone must have a gyroscope without which it cannot detect the round movement and won't be compatible with any 360 picture app (including Google Street View).

Level 10

@Gaieus wrote:

Hi @Ravi_Kiran, obviously the better camera a phone has, the better pictures you can take with it but one thing is essential for 360 pictures: the phone must have a gyroscope without which it cannot detect the round movement and won't be compatible with any 360 picture app (including Google Street View).

@Csaba thanks for your reply and let me know which phone is best and budget in your experience 

Level 1

For me it's LG G6! Tried and tested.

Level 10
Solution

Well, I am not that experienced with phones at all. My first "semi-smart" phone was a Nokia but I hated it. Then I got a Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime which I actually liked but it did not have a gyroscope so it was incompatible with the SV App (and the Cardboard Camera App). Now I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 (Edge) which is a great phone,has a gyroscope and a nice camera. It is not a budget phone however although now that S8 is out, its price is expected to drop somewhat. 

I am sure there are cheaper phones with decent cameras and gyroscopes but I cannot really advise in this field, sorry. I made a Google search and found this article. I am not sure how reliable such "tech articles" are however. You will need to make sure that whichever phone you choose, you check it first. Maybe the phone dealer will also be inclined to install the SV App and you can try in the shop. 

Edit: I see you have already discovered this topic: 

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Photography/Which-smartphone-is-best-for-photography/m-p/16663...

Level 7

i use the s7 edge which is really good for 360 but in the past the best one i found was a lg g4 if your looking for a phone on a budget, the gyro on that phone is really good and at that price point you can buy second hand it beats a lot of mid range android phones or from personal experience the p9 lite is also good but the lg still beats it 

Anthony Bolter
Level 10

Few days I used HTC M 180. Its superb phone 360 photo quality is too good and Battery backup also good

Unfortunately i lost my HTC phone.

After that I purchased LG V20 It is also good but comparatively HTC is good. Battery drying early. 1 or 2 360 photos mobile is going heat. Photo clicks also little bit slow

My choice is HTC