MarkusKiili's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

What program you use for making 360 Panos

What program you use to make 360 panos, when you shoot with DSLR? I have LR and Photoshop CC, but haven't found good tutorial yet. I know that some people have done those with photoshop, but there seems to be quite much to do with it. So is there any such program where you just download your photos and click your 360 is ready?

Markus Kiili
25 comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What program you use for making 360 Panos

there is free trial programs to edit. try a few then try a few more sea what you find most effective and easy for your self.

Level 7

Hi @MarkusKiili

Have you tried using the Street View app?

You can capture the whole scene and upload it directly onto your contributions.

I hope this help!

Kindest regards,
Rikesh

Level 7

@RikeshMistry Yes, but I would like to get better quality photos with DSLR.

Markus Kiili
Level 10

@MarkusKiili

For stiching your DLSR images to panos try PTGui or Autopanogiga. Both programs you can try for free with watermarks on panos. Both have very good documentation, FAQs and many videos with tutorials on YouTube.

Regards,

Jacek

Google Diamond Product Expert - Maps, Business Profile, Earth, Gmail, Accounts | Street View Trusted Photographer | Local Guide | retired: Map Maker Help Forum Top Contributor & Poland RER/RL
Level 7

Thanks @JacekNK. This was what I'm looking for. PYGui was new name for me. 

Markus Kiili
Level 10
Level 7

@LucioV I'm not yet in 360 SVT. I've shoot normal photos and panos and tried street view app with phone, but would like to do good 360 panos too. I've noticed that quite many 360 photos in Google Maps are really bad quality and I guess it's due to those 360 cameras, which are I guess better for video. Actually I'm just getting one form Google, so I can test if it's a camera problem. 

@LucioV wrote:

Hi @MarkusKiili have a look to this thread (if you are already enrolled into 360 SVT program): https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Street-View-Trusted/How-do-I-choose-a-third-party-tool/td-p/19...

Markus Kiili
Level 10

@MarkusKiili

Yes. It's a problem of pure quality of 360 cameras and not so high dimensions of images. With DLSR and fisheye lens you are able to reach 72Mpix images in true HDR quality. Sorry to say but 360 cameras are still toys.

Regards,

Jacek

Google Diamond Product Expert - Maps, Business Profile, Earth, Gmail, Accounts | Street View Trusted Photographer | Local Guide | retired: Map Maker Help Forum Top Contributor & Poland RER/RL
Level 10

@MarkusK wrote:

@LucioV I'm not yet in 360 SVT. I've shoot normal photos and panos and tried street view app with phone, but would like to do good 360 panos too. I've noticed that quite many 360 photos in Google Maps are really bad quality and I guess it's due to those 360 cameras, which are I guess better for video. Actually I'm just getting one form Google, so I can test if it's a camera problem. 

@LucioV wrote:

Hi @MarkusKiili have a look to this thread (if you are already enrolled into 360 SVT program): https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Street-View-Trusted/How-do-I-choose-a-third-party-tool/td-p/19...

Ok, just a quick answer.

To use a DSLR you need to use a software like PTGUI or Autopano Pro from Kolor (there is full of tutorials on youtube).

Or, you can start professional usage of third party tools as like as http://www.tourmake.net that is claiming to launch his custom stitching tool in these days.