MarkusKiili's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: What program you use for making 360 Panos

@JacekNK You are using fish eye lens? Does it make any problems in making of pano photo due to distortion? I have shoot my normal panos with 50 mm.

Markus Kiili
Level 10

Using a 50 mm could require to shot hundreds of photo for just one single panorama. This is called "Gigapano" 😉

Level 7

Ok. I'll try then with irix 15 mm. 

Markus Kiili
Level 10

@MarkusKiili

DLSR + Sigma 8mm fisheye + NodalNinja R10 and you are able to make a sphere with 4 shots (or 4x3 in HDR) and little nadir patching or putting logo to nadir.

For "pro" panoshots fisheye and good pano head is a must.

Regards,

Jacek

Google Diamond Product Expert - Maps, Business Profile, Earth, Gmail, Accounts | Street View Trusted Photographer | Local Guide | retired: Map Maker Help Forum Top Contributor & Poland RER/RL
Level 7

In theory you can shoot 2 shots with a FX DSLR 24MP and a 8mm sigma lens, problem is, no stiching program want to stich it if you don't add control points yourself. ~36MP resolution.

With a DX DSLR 24MP (crop 1.5) and a sigma 8mm you need to take 4 shots, and PTGui is the program that will stich it for you. ~72MP resolution.

Twice the size as an FX house, strange.

You only need 50MP at most.

NIKON has the best dynamic range and best MP.

Lens to use is SIGMA 8mm.

Cameras to chose from is, D500, D7500, D7200 and D5300. Best camera first.

D500, D7500 are far superior, D7200 is close in their trail, but best bang for the buck is the D5300, even got built in GPS, but only 3 levels of bracketing, which is a bummer, but still better then a Canon.

Sigma lens is +180°, I usually rack up 181-184° with each shot.

The more shots you take, the more problem you get.

Check spheres taken with a mobile phone.

A 15 mm lens will force you to take up to 14 single shots. Resolution could be close to 1GP.

Focus might not be where it should, while the 8mm lens is almost impossible to not have in focus.

Basically a lot of wasted time on the field and in front of the computer.

Not to speak about the odd tripod head you need for this.

Guess a lot of this photos will go directly in the garbage.

Level 7

Sounds like I'll byu 8mm lens. I'm shooting with Nikon D800, D3S and Sony a7s. Dynamic range is covered =D

Markus Kiili
Level 10

For Full Frame i saw many pro using Nikon 10.5 f2.8 instead of Sigma 8mm, that seems to work better on APS-C sensors. But these are details 😉

Level 7

D800 36MP, this will give you about 48MP, which is superb.

Use the bracketing wisely!

5, 7 or 9 depending on light sources.

Level 7

@LucioV wrote:

For Full Frame i saw many pro using Nikon 10.5 f2.8 instead of Sigma 8mm, that seems to work better on APS-C sensors. But these are details 😉

Good to know. That I could get more affordable as slightly used. 

Markus Kiili
Level 7

Snapped this with an old D5200 as I've been waiting for the D7300 for a while now.

And that didn't happen, as the mongrels released a mutated mini D500 instead.

Guess it will do the job just as good, or better. 😉

Dynamic range is just unbelievable.

They just killed the D7x00 lineup with this camera, I hope it's for the best, as the old D7x00 was a very popular and liked camera.

Only time will tell....