PaulPavlinovich's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: Want to improve photography for Maps? The “36” Walk.

Yes @EhsanD I used to roll my own canisters and could usually squeeze in enough film for 43 shots 🙂

Would you like to lead your local location?

Regards

Paul

Connect Moderator

I've been thinking about that, where to put the images is a bit of a challenge. Some Local Guides will only use LGC. Some will use g+, some will use Facebook, some will use Instagram and other photo platforms like Flikr, 500px, Ello, etc. Roxanne and I had a long chat and we thought what we might do is to get people to post anywhere with the hashtag and for their walk leader to share a small number of favourites for featuring on the g+ page.

If you have other thoughts, please let me know - maybe something particular would work for your local walk?

Regards

Paul

Connect Moderator

Hola @PaulPavlinovich, es un gran problema, supongo que como tú dices, lo mejor es dejara a criterio de cada uno. Este problema ya lo indique, aquí en Connect, y están buscando la mejor manera para meterlo en el módulo de las Quedadas en Connect.

Yo optaré por crear una Comunidad con el nombre "36photo2017-Ushuaia", de esa manera se publico y todo aquel que lo desee podrá agregar las fotos con comentarios según la consigna.

Connect Moderator

@ShafiulB @LotusL @EhsanD if you're interested in leading your city location please sign up via the form so I can start promoting your walk https://goo.gl/uaTb7S

I am looking for a new leader for San Francisco as Roxanne has had to pull out due to family plans.

Level 8

It's an great idea and a great initiative paul where it shows yours interest and passion towards photography.

Former Google Contributor

@PaulPavlinovich FYI, we featured this post on the homepage today 🙂

Screen Shot 2017-03-17 at 1.40.32 PM.png

Level 2

Любой труд должен быть оплачен! 

Level 9

Hi @PaulPavlinovich

I love this; you seem to have seen what I always envisioned for Google Maps to have the best picture quality. I would so much engage my community to do that next month. Well done for that great initiative. We will always support what will improve our cause. 

Count in Kenya for the Next "36" walk. 

And about the form, can anyone fill it or one must be in a community?

Thanks

JonasK

Join Northrift Local Guides for the best mapping experince and best tips on mapping always

It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
Level 3

I wish I could be there for that! That's a wonderful idea.I am taking bad pictures.I am almost to level 4 but I am sacrificing points to get better photos.I put a Samsung s7 on layaway and I hope the camera is great. But I am getting a camera now as I didn't know I'd grow to want to be better with pitcher's. This whole experience has been enlightening and has woken me up to new things.And all I did was write about a Dr's office that was opened but stated permitly closed.Bye guys in Melbourne,happy hunting&be safe

Level 7

The "36" Walk

AMAZING idea @PaulP! I am very happy when I take pictures so I think this type of meet-up would be goodelighted.

Those who host meet-ups for The "36" Walk should make sure to submit their event on our new meet-up site as well. Maybe you can add that as a note in your form 🙂

And please remember me also in this