cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

New Maps Photo Policy

New Maps photo policy terms and conditions

Superimposed text or graphics are subject to the following requirements:

• For 360 photos, superimposed content must be limited to either the zenith or nadir (top or bottom 25% of the equirectangular image), but cannot be present in both.     
  • For traditional digital photos and videos, superimposed content cannot take up more than 10% of the image or video, and must be limited to a single edge.
  • Superimposed text or graphics must be relevant.
  • Distracting superimposed text or graphics are not permitted.

I can not find any regulations regarding telephone number and email at watermark. Probably it is no more forbidden to display email and telephone at watermark.
I would like if someone from Google moderators  @TraciC, @LuisRG, @BellaWi, @GusMoreira, @HelloJess and @YanniY could better explain two following sentences -  

1. Superimposed text or graphics must be relevant.
2. Distracting superimposed text or graphics are not permitted.

Please note that I would like to be Local guide, but before that I must fully understand all Terms and conditions, rules and customs.

6 comments
Level 8

Re: New Maps Photo Policy

@Monte

I think you are asking a very good question here and I am surprised that nobody has replied so far. Could it have anything to do with the structure of your post and title?

As you seem to be interested in photography, my advice is to seek out some of the top (quality) photo contributors and in particular those that use water marks. Perhaps @LucioV can help?

Level 10

@JeroenM wrote:

@Monte

I think you are asking a very good question here and I am surprised that nobody has replied so far. Could it have anything to do with the structure of your post and title?

As you seem to be interested in photography, my advice is to seek out some of the top (quality) photo contributors and in particular those that use water marks. Perhaps @LucioV can help?

I think that actually, URL is admitted, Email address and Phone number not.
Thanks for your trust @JeroenM but this thing is subject to suddenly changes, so we need an official word.

Level 10
Level 1

@LucioVis this official if it is on the link  https://support.google.com/contributionpolicy/answer/7400114?hl=en&ref_topic=7422769

• Content that makes it difficult for others to understand the environment you’re sharing may be rejected.
  • Examples are excessively dark or blurry images, significantly rotated compositions, and use of filters that dramatically alter the representation of the place.
  • Images must be of a sufficient resolution. Exact requirements may vary by photo type and point of upload. For example 360 photos must be at least 4K (3,840 pixel by 2,160 pixel resolution or greater).    
  • Screenshots, drawings, posters and other non–photos, other than videos, should not be uploaded.     
  • For videos, only upload content that is stable and has good visual quality. Content that is out of focus, shaky, or has bad exposure should not be uploaded. Distorted or corrupted videos are not allowed.   

Superimposed text or graphics are subject to the following requirements:

• For 360 photos, superimposed content must be limited to either the zenith or nadir (top or bottom 25% of the equirectangular image), but cannot be present in both.     
  • For traditional digital photos and videos, superimposed content cannot take up more than 10% of the image or video, and must be limited to a single edge.
  • Superimposed text or graphics must be relevant.
  • Distracting superimposed text or graphics are not permitted.
Level 7

Hey @Monte,

The below post is a very good example of the policy you are talking about. The content has contact information and it is not restricted to a particular corner of the image, while, it over lays 40% of the picture.

Article

Best,
Avinash

Level 8

@Avinash_V thanks for the sample, it is amazing