AbdulRaheem's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

360° Photos

Hi Guys,

I purchased LG 360 Cam for adding 360° Photos on Street View.

Tried capturing 360° photos, the quality is not good.

Any suggestions / tips to capture fine pics?

Also if you are using or used LG 360 Cam, please share manual settings for LG 360 Cam to capture HD pics.

India
21 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: 360° Photos

@AbdulRaheem It's how the camera is. It's not too bad, but it's not great. The optics and the processing is not the best in the market. But the LG360 cam is one of the most "economical" 360 camera in the market at the moment. 
The other thing you want to do is to make sure you have the latest firmware. Use it as a device to get familiar with 360 processes.. and it's Street View certified. 

Once you are ready to move on to a better camera, then you can either sell it or give it to someone else.. 
if you are looking for a Street View certified camera, the next step up probably is the Ricoh Theta V (latest model).

Or if you don't mind a non SV-certified camera, then the Xiaomi Mijia 360 MiSphere is a good option.. it's about USD 220 at the moment (can get cheaper on offers).

*For the record. I used to own a LG 360 Cam for a few months.. sold it.. Bought a Samsung Gear 360 2017 for few months, sold it.. Now I am on the Xiaomi.. loving it to bits.

View solution in original post

Level 8

I use the LG 360 camera and I'm happy with it. Here is a link to some tours I shot with it.   Are these about the quality you get with your camera. - This may seem like a dumb comment, and I will not publicly admit I've ever made this mistake, BUT ... Have you cleaned the lens lately.... Just a little bit of grease (I tend to eat greasy food on the job) can ruin a lot of pictures.

Level 7

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your reply.

Its a brand new device, I always make sure the lens is clean. Its a common sense that if the lense isn't clean you won't be able to get good pictures.

My concern is if I zoom the captured pic, its not crystal clear. Also the stitching isn't 100% perfect.

And FYI I don't touch camera while I am having any food.

Level 10
Solution

@AbdulRaheem It's how the camera is. It's not too bad, but it's not great. The optics and the processing is not the best in the market. But the LG360 cam is one of the most "economical" 360 camera in the market at the moment. 
The other thing you want to do is to make sure you have the latest firmware. Use it as a device to get familiar with 360 processes.. and it's Street View certified. 

Once you are ready to move on to a better camera, then you can either sell it or give it to someone else.. 
if you are looking for a Street View certified camera, the next step up probably is the Ricoh Theta V (latest model).

Or if you don't mind a non SV-certified camera, then the Xiaomi Mijia 360 MiSphere is a good option.. it's about USD 220 at the moment (can get cheaper on offers).

*For the record. I used to own a LG 360 Cam for a few months.. sold it.. Bought a Samsung Gear 360 2017 for few months, sold it.. Now I am on the Xiaomi.. loving it to bits.

Level 7

Thanks @StephenAbraham.

Level 10

@AbdulRaheem and in the mean time, you may want to join the WW user group for LG360 Cam, for tips there.. in FB and G+. Links below.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/lg360cam/

https://plus.google.com/communities/100322603836782499598

Level 8

@AbdulRaheem. I'm curious, how did the resolution of my pictures compared to the resolution of your pictures? Where they about the same? Or where my pictures better? If the resolution was about the same then I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Level 10

@JoeCullity Are you stitching it with 3rd party app or using the the LG360 Cam Manager stitch or internal Camera stitching? I have not used it for so long, so I don't know if any new features with the latest firmware now.

Level 8

I use the automatic, inside the camera, Auto stitching. I remove the memory chip from the camera, put it into my laptop or home computer and download the images to a directory structure where I keep all my 360 images. As soon as I do this, I backup the entire directory structure to external storage, just in case something goes wrong. I never want to lose any of my photos. After that I upload my images to a third party app called  Pano skin. Pano skin is a moderating sometimes called editing tool that lets you link the 360 images together into a tour and then upload to street view. The Pano skin tool has a free version and a slightly fancy or paid version. Questions or comments are welcome

Level 7

Thank you so much @StephenAbraham