Kim LimF's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

Using Detailed Categories when Editing (Malaysia)

Hi everyone,

I'm pretty new to the local guide program and I was reading through the help center on how to edit:

https://support.google.com/maps/answer/7084895

It clearly states that we should be using "Use specific categories, like "Clothing store" instead of "Store".

I'm running the beta version of Google Maps on my phone, and the screenshots show what I see when I try to edit a particular car accessories shop. There are several categories shown, but nothing which matches and there are no detailed categories for me to use (see screenshots below). I've tried the same process on the desktop, but am still facing the same problem.

I've searched in the same area and there are similar places with a detailed category (https://goo.gl/maps/MxWKPeT1i5x) - "Racing Car Parts Store", so I know there should be a way of doing this.

Really appreciate any comments or suggestions if I'm going about this the wrong way 😉

Thanks,

Kim

Edit CategoryEdit CategoryThese are the categories shownThese are the categories shownBut nothing useful for a car accessories shopBut nothing useful for a car accessories shop

Motorsport Division Petaling Jaya Malaysia
2 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 3
Solution

Re: Using Detailed Categories when Editing (Malaysia)

Hi everyone,

I was playing around with the interface when I found the solution to my question. Basically, the list just contains suggestions. If you want to use a detailed category, just type in the text box to search (see screenshot). Once you find the right item, you can just select normally and save 🙂

Type in the box to search for detailed categoryType in the box to search for detailed category

View solution in original post

Level 10

Hi @Kim LimF,

Sorry for late reply. I had checked in your place and found that you did it already. Keep on adding other places too.

done.JPG

Level 3
Solution

Hi everyone,

I was playing around with the interface when I found the solution to my question. Basically, the list just contains suggestions. If you want to use a detailed category, just type in the text box to search (see screenshot). Once you find the right item, you can just select normally and save 🙂

Type in the box to search for detailed categoryType in the box to search for detailed category