BishowvijayaP's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Review writing & visitor's judgement

Hello fellow guides, as we all know, writing reviews about the places is one of the different methods to earn points via Google map. But this is not only the case. Writing reviews to get points only is a kind of spamming. Our reviews should be based on ground of reality, meaningful, informative and should not be biased from personal interests.

I would like to mention some words directly from support team of Google which you can check from this link also.

Write a review or describe a place

On Google Maps, you can write reviews for places you’ve visited. Your reviews are public, so anyone can see what you write. You can’t add an anonymous review. 

Note: Google has a zero tolerance policy for fake reviews. We reserve the right to take down any review that we deem to be fake or which doesn’t comply with our user content and conduct policies.

Here are some other things that others will be able to see:

• Your name that appears on your About mepage
  • Other reviews you’ve written on Google Maps
  • Photos you’ve added to Google Maps

You can also tell us info about a place. For example, you can tell us if a place is quiet, lively, or romantic.

Tip: If you like adding place information or writing reviews, join the Local Guides community. By contributing to Google Maps, you can earn points and get a special badge next to your reviews. For more info and answers to your other questions, check out the Local Guides forum.

Also, tips for writing great reviews are mentioned here.

Visitors in the places are seeking information from our reviews and they may take decisions based on our reviews. So it is required to do some preparation before writing a quality review. Visitors will appreciate our reviews with the help of 'like' button. I have not done too much reviews and result is below.

What are your results dear fellow LGs?reviews being helpfulreviews being helpful

4 comments
Level 9

Re: Review writing & visitor's judgement

Great Job on having 30 helpful reviews.  I unfortunately have not made it to that point.  As of lately (around the last 6 months), with my reviews, I've been trying to be extremely thorough.  I break my Reviews down into a few points including an Overview, Location, Price, Product/Service, Pointers/Perks, and Employees.  I then do a point system and take the average to give a score in the Overview.  As I write my reviews, I try to make them fun to read as well (you can see that with my most recent review of Taco Bell).  You can see my reviews on Google Maps here.

New WriterNew SolutionistGood FriendSuper Popular| 9 Badges so far! | My Connect Profile | My Contributions
Level 10

Level 10

I checked your review @Somsenater. You have done a great job. There is no doubt that it provides detail info of the place. Thank you so much.

Best wishes too.:)

Level 10

Glad to see your score @LucioV. You are helpful in every place where you go. Thank you so much for letting me to see your score.

Wish to see this score in more than two digits soon. Best wishes. 🙂