cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: Place Edits are "NOT APPLIED" instantly on my account

Hi, 

similar to your situation, but not as bad: 

Sometimes I add a new place and spend 15 mins adding all  the info, phone, website etc.. photos and get an INSTANT rejection. 
Obviously triggered a bot. 
this happened the other day, I had added very successfully a new Motorcycle on street parking area and it was approved. 
Then when i added the next one, with photos and GPS location on during place creation - INSTANT reject. 

I guess google is playing with AI and it's not yet working properly. 

But it is frustrating to enter data and have it killed instantly esp when photos show clearly the evidence. 

My new personal policy: when creating a place: MINIMUM info. 
When the Place Creation is less random and more reasonable I will add more info to new places at the start. 

NB: in the early days I had to submit a place 5 times before it was accepted. 
I don't that anymore. 

Level 9

@Krealt wrote:

Same problem "Not Applied" and edit is pending for restaurant in Cottonwood Shores. I have done most of the edits and photos, probably over 90 percent for this small city and also install the water and sewer lines. I am a level 5 Local Guide. I am most likely the only local guide in a city that I live and work in . If a "Local Guide" can't get the job done, then who?

yep, feel your frustration. 
there is a lot of local knowledge I have but Google makes it VERY hard to give it when place creation is concerned. It feels like a capricious, schizoid 'god' decides if your submission is accepted or not. 

Level 7

I also receive this all the time... I try to edit or add a missing place, and it becomes NOT APPLIED immediately. There is no chance that someone could decline my submission so quickly, so I think that this is an automatic decline. But why? The place exist, why shouldn't it be on map?

Connect Moderator

Hello @danilocrni,

If Google could trust everyone to always make good edits then there would never be denials, but unfortunately those that purposely or innocently add bad data have resulted in the need for filters.  Sometimes those filters will give a false positive, and sometimes those filters kick in due to you unknowingly violating a rule.  You can read more in this pinned post.

In addition to the advice given there, you also have the option of providing all the data including exact GPS location, any existing POI, and exactly what data you were trying to add or edit.  With that mapping experts can look it over and let you know if there are obvious and/or likely issues that you can fix in your next attempt.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 9

Agreed about the trust issue, and the need for filters. 

That makes total sense. 

The issue is actually different: Google maps doesn't show ALL the info. 

Before I add a new place I search for it. 
when nothing comes up I add it. 

THEN it is instantly denied. 

Then I search again and SURPRISE SURPRISE the place I was trying to add is now visible, when it wasn't before

SO there is a large amount of map data that is actually not visible to the average Local Guide and this is how I find it. 

In the above case: I  then add my info the place I found by having it rejected first, then appear after rejection.

that is a long painful process but it works. 

It would be nice to have a fuller picture and know what things exist but are NOT shown. 
Now its a hit and miss thing.

Painful. - and demotivating to people trying to help. 

Yes I know there are people trying to subvert the system too, so there is careful balance to walk

Level 6

Hi, who did you contact to get this sorted?  I seem to have the same issue.

Thanks

Paul

Level 9

I found instant EDIT NOT APPLIED is because of

- Google AI 

- I am trying to add an existing place but the map did not show me the existing place until I tried to add it. 

To avoid this I usuallly turn on LOCATION, then search for the place. - sometimes t his helps. 

- there are still times when I am standing in front of a new shop and send photos but I get INSTANT EDIT NOT APPLIED.  - no idea why, it is definitely wrong but I can't convince Google maps. So I do nothing and let it be NOT APPLIED, - I.E. do nothing more.   

frustating yes. 

Level 4

The system should treat differently with people with the advanced badge and have a good history in adding/editing places to maps, I am level 4 and have 327 points, the system shouldn't reject my contributions automatically.

Connect Moderator

Hello @Houssam,

The system does consider your past edits (not your Local Guide status).

However, it takes hundreds or thousands of good edits of a single type just to earn trust in that type.  Anything less and the spammers would be able to game the system.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 4

Thanks for the clarification