Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: Place Edits are "NOT APPLIED" instantly on my account

looks solved, is it ? 

Level 7

I have the same issue "not applied" and "pending" it's really more than 80 percent of my edits, but I'm sure of my edit 100 percent, it's really boring, how I can make google trust me more 🙂

Level 8

I also have this problem too - but only sometimes.  It is very frustrating! 

I work on a university campus and constantly have students asking for directions to businesses on campus.  Sometimes I can add something to Google Maps with no problem (like an art sculpture) but other things (like the convenience store that has a website and phone number) get rejected.  I walk past them all the time - and people are looking for them, but it won't let me add them.

What can I do?

Level 7

Hi all.

I was having the same problem. ''Not Applied' was instantly coming up on a site I was trying to ad.

Now, I was inputting this info on my tablet, tried 3 times and no luck.

I just did exactly the same from my phone and it worked. Well it now says 'Pending'. 

What devices were you trying to ad from? A tablet? 

Try your phone.  

Level 10

KINDLY D NOT GET DISAPPOINTED...!!

With my experience as a premier member of Google Maps, I am sure, if you follow the following strategy, the chances are the maximum for a quick & non pending approval of "Add a Missing Place":

ADD A MISSING PLACE:

The most Important Steps for successful Registration of “A Missing Place” are:

• Reach / go to the “Place to Register” with the “Location” switched-on, on your device.

Note: Since, I have done this from different devices, the device is not sensitive – Mobile or Tab is equally good.

• Open the Google Map & wait till it is fully active / fully loaded (If your internet connection is slow, it may take little time; also, the GPS – Global Positioning System – “Satellites’ Signal” also may take few seconds). [More details on request].
  • Then “select the 3 Line Menu” on the Left Top of the Google Map Screen
  • In the opened Menu, move down to get the menu “Add a missing Place” - Click on it.
  • We will be asked to select whether we are registering

“Business or Land Mark”

OR

“House or Apartment” (The menu after this selection is different in both cases)

• Add a Place will ask for Name of the Place, Address, Category, Add Phone, Hours, Website, Photos, etc. (some are Optional – please read down)
    1. Enter an Appropriate “Name” for the missing place.
    2. Address:

IMPORTANT:  Instead of manually entering the address, use “Mark Location On Map” option – this is very important!

1. Leave the address to be taken by Google – DO not try to Edit / Correct it.
  2. Try to provide maximum Details – The best way is to collect Business Card of the place, which will provide the details like Phone, Web, etc.
  3. However, one has to personally collect the opening & closing time

(4 & 5 are optional – this will not affect the registration)

1. PHOTOS:

I usually add very Relevant (Boards showing the Name of the shop / Establishment / Road, the address), up to, 6 Photos. Try to include convincing shots & surrounding.

1. Then “Submit”!
  • Add House will ask to “Move the Map to the Correct Location”.
    1. Align the Pointer / locator to the exact place – if needed use “Zoom” to enlarge the Map & locate the place correctly.
    2. Reconfirm Position in Google Map by changing between Satellite & Terrain mode – Then Click the “>” button.
    3. Enter the detailed address (This will be publicly visible)

Although, initially I had difficulty, later (may be after some level), the registrations I did at the sites were fully accepted; of course, as a responsible Google Guide, I have used my maximum integrity in registering appropriate places. I have also helped many Google guides & Business owners also, the same way.

However, after certain seniority, I felt, that the registration process is relatively simple and closer to sure shot.

EDITING a place is different and will discuss separately.

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 6

I was walking around Birmingham university and added some new buildings that are not Google maps but my edits were not applied even though I took a picture of the building with the name on it. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does Google Maps have a contact where we can disagree with their "not applied" on name changes of locations, etc?