inboxd's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Multiple Edits Not Applied (I have been through issues raised by previous members as well)

Hello team,

I have been adding some places + editing few others from my hometown. (I know spent lot of time at these places, so I know the information is true, but that is not the issue I assume). My places were not added or edits were not applied. I have been through posts such as post by @GusMoreira which says it happens at times. While I also been through a post which says there have been some changes in algorithms which decides the fate of such additions.

I am pretty sure my rejects were due to algorithms, not due to human intervention. So I guess algorithm (or whatever piece of code works behind it) needs to be updated. My post is just to bring that to your notice. May be you already have something in progress.

I have also shared it as a feedback on Maps app too.

Dungarpur, Rajasthan, India
3 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Multiple Edits Not Applied (I have been through issues raised by previous members as well)

You can just create a new thread in this subforum, or add to this post since it is your post.

The sample post you linked to is not appropriate, it does not provide any details.  We need everything you entered such as:

• the exact name you used
  • the exact address you used
  • the exact GPS point you place the marker
  • the exact phone number you used
  • the exact URL you used
  • the exact category you used
  • etc.

If all you don't have all that information because you only filled in the first three fields, the answer we provide is going to be to make the fields more exact (name only in the name field, no despitive words and address only in the address field, no descriptors) and also to get the information for the other fields before you try again.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator

Re: Multiple Edits Not Applied (I have been through issues raised by previous members as well)

Hello @inboxd,

If Google could trust everyone to always make good edits then there would never be denials, but unfortunately those that purposely or innocently add bad data have resulted in the need for filters.  Sometimes those filters will give a false positive, and sometimes those filters kick in due to you unknowingly violating a rule.  You have already read Gus' post that explains this more.

The algorithms thus can never be adjusted to where all your edits will make it through; no one, even the Googlers you see here, has all their edits go through but rather we all encounter the filters.

In addition to the advice given in Gus' post, you also have the option of providing all the data for your edits including exact GPS location, any existing POI, and exactly what data you were trying to add or edit.  With that mapping experts in the forum can look it over and let you know if there are obvious and/or likely issues that you can fix in your next attempt.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Level 8

Yes, valid point. Google cannot trust everyone to always make good edits, and also, algorithms can never be perfected to give 100% accuracy. I just thought of bringing to the notice since I read one such fix was deployed before as I read in a post.

Thanks for acknowledging my post. Also, where you said `you also have the option of providing all the data for your edits`, where do I provide such information? (I saw this one post, is this the right way of doing it?). My apologies, I am fairly new to localgudiesconnect.

Connect Moderator
Solution

You can just create a new thread in this subforum, or add to this post since it is your post.

The sample post you linked to is not appropriate, it does not provide any details.  We need everything you entered such as:

• the exact name you used
  • the exact address you used
  • the exact GPS point you place the marker
  • the exact phone number you used
  • the exact URL you used
  • the exact category you used
  • etc.

If all you don't have all that information because you only filled in the first three fields, the answer we provide is going to be to make the fields more exact (name only in the name field, no despitive words and address only in the address field, no descriptors) and also to get the information for the other fields before you try again.