OnyedikaBenjaminJ's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Map marker

@OnyedikaBenjaminJ wrote:

you guys have made a wonderful contributions here, but i nearly forgot the main reason i asked this question, i moved the marker of one of my favorite spot in the city to the approximate center of the premise, after a month or thereabout i noticed the marker has been removed somewhere around the entrance. Honestly i felt bad that after setting things in order as i supposed, some other local guide came along and makes his own changes. I know this is one of the main reason of meet ups and other local guide activities, but i really think provision should be made for an interaction between the last local guide who edited the place and the new local guide who suggested his own edit, or a mail containing the new suggested edit sent to the last editor for feedback. Believe me google maps can be as disasterous as its usefulness, for instance you where directed by google maps to a place, drove many miles only to realize your destination is actually at the other side of the city.

We miss you, mapmaker.

Anyway, don't worry too much for the marker of your favorite spot; maybe your change has been revoked, or another change has been taken in charge, you will never know. But you still will enjoy your favorite spot! Create a meetup in that place, and let other local guides know why do you love so much! 🙂

Cheers

Level 9

@LucioV the meet up is a very nice idea, really it is. But for a local guide with over 3000 points and over 1500 edits, revoking an edit i made for a place i know too well by google sounds wired.

Level 10

@OnyedikaBenjaminJ wrote:

@LucioV the meet up is a very nice idea, really it is. But for a local guide with over 3000 points and over 1500 edits, revoking an edit i made for a place i know too well by google sounds wired.

I understand.

But are you sure to know your real trusted level?

Connect Moderator

Hello @OnyedikaBenjaminJ,

The directions from Google are that each marker is to be placed the in middle of the place it defines.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 9

@Flash thanks

@Flash wrote:

Hello @OnyedikaBenjaminJ,

The directions from Google are that each marker is to be placed the in middle of the place it defines.

Level 8

Thanks for Sharing Information

Jayesh Vekariya