JeroenM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Category: Cave (exists but not available and no opening hours)

Level 8

@Flash

Super réponse. Enfin un interlocuteur compétant, donc pas de 24h/24 pour les lieux publques (parc, terrain de sport, skatepark,) et s'il y a un numéro de téléphone les horaire de réponses au téléphone.

Swiss | Switzerland | Suisse francophone Level 8 : visitez moi Ne passez pas à coté d'un J'AIME et marquer les réponses comme solution. Android|Jean-Luc|Suisse romande|Switzerland french speaking area|Google Maps Local Guide Level 8 https://goo.gl/maps/HuzFUEBbgtt
Level 8

@JeroenM@@Je n'ai pas tout lu, mais

1. Pas de doublon svp
  2. Le propriétaire du POI par GMB a libre choix d'ajouter les catégories qui lui convient

Il faut savoir s'arrêter au limite du LG et laisser les entreprises faire ce qu'il souhaite le mieux pour leur client et visiteur.

A pire, contacter l'entreprise et l'inviter à revendiquer son établissement

Swiss | Switzerland | Suisse francophone Level 8 : visitez moi Ne passez pas à coté d'un J'AIME et marquer les réponses comme solution. Android|Jean-Luc|Suisse romande|Switzerland french speaking area|Google Maps Local Guide Level 8 https://goo.gl/maps/HuzFUEBbgtt
Level 8

@Lémanique

Rest assured, I have/had no intention to duplicate or make incorrect edits to Maps and this unresolved discussion is only to clarify or solve grey areas.

Flash was going to talk to his contact at Google to check about this Cave/ museum situation, and I have yet to get a formal answer/ solution.

You said:

Le propriétaire du POI par GMB a libre choix d'ajouter les catégories qui lui convient

Il faut savoir s'arrêter au limite du LG et laisser les entreprises faire ce qu'il souhaite le mieux pour leur client et visiteur. 

I totally DISAGREE with you on this point. Google Maps is a complicated product with many stakeholders. Owners of businesses and in particular those that have claimed their business are an important stakeholder-group. But they have their own interests and mostly care about their business.

On the other hand Local Guides should mostly care about the info on Google maps being correct, following the desired specifications/ guidelines by Google. I would therefore say that we are closer to guarding Google's interest of Maps than the owners of those businesses listed. What makes you think that business owners know better what category their place should be listed under? Sure the help-files in the GMB area might be more mature than the ones in the LG area, but that does not mean that the members of the GMB program are better educated and follow the guidelines.

I totally agree with @AlexanderChalkidis in our other discussion thread, that the AI of Google Bots should be used to select Google's desired categories based on the various data points. Local Guides could be used to answer certain questions to clarify any ambiguity. But until the AI does its work faultless, we meed humans like Local Guides to check consistency between similar businesses, etc. 

Jeroen

Check out the beginnings of our Local Guides Library with online resources.

Level 10

@Flash wrote:

@JeroenM, are you creating a second feature with the exact same name as the cave?  That would be creating a duplicate, and is not permitted. 

This is confusing as this is exactly what you proposed to do when adding photos to a place is not possible.

Anyway, happy to see that Frasassi features are still there.

Connect Moderator

@LucioV,

I'm sorry if you are getting confused.

At no time have I said that this is a process for adding photos to features that will not accept them.

The process to which you refer is very specifically the process to follow if the feature should have been added as a point POI but was incorrectly added as a polygon.  It shouldn't be used for anything else.

Thank you for asking for more clarification.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 10

No Gregg, i'm not talking about this, I'm talking about adding photos to places that doesn't allow this, and you suggested exactly to add a new POI and then ask for removal as duplicate to let Google merge all the whole thing.

Clever workflow, thanks for sharing this, as you mentioned Google told you this is the correct way of work.

Thanks for adding more clarification.

Level 10

Nope Gregg, i'm not talking about this, I'm talking about adding photos to places that doesn't allow this, and you suggested exactly to add a new POI and then ask for removal as duplicate to let Google merge all the whole thing.

Clever workflow, thanks for sharing this, as you mentioned Google told you this is the correct way of work.

Thanks for adding more clarification.

Connect Moderator

@LucioV, I have not said any such thing.  Please read the post in full.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 10