PaulPavlinovich's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Wow, what a year The 36 Walk is going to have!! Thanks to all the walk leaders.

I just wanted to take a moment to thank the people who have stepped up to lead 36 Walks this year. The 36 walk is a photowalk that is designed to reintroduce constraint and thought in this digital age where each picture costs nothing. The fact that digital photography is so accessible and simple leads us to lowering our quality of most of our photographs. Several years ago I thought of the concept of The 36 Walk where all the participants would be limited to 36 shots during the walk. This reintroduces constraint and forces us to make choices, instead of shooting everything we see we have to think at each moment is it worth it. Many participants find that they don't even shoot the full 36 because they're so nervous about running out of shots! Last year in the interests of improving photography for Maps I lead the first international 36 Walk and was joined by many people around the globe. This year there are more cities and I think we're a bit better organised. This year we've got every continent except for Antarctica (predictable) and North America (how did that happen?)

So why am I posting another message when the main one is featured? Well, I wanted to thank each of the walk leaders and they are

Batticaloa Ilankovan Thushyantha
Buenos Aires Farid Monti
Comilla Shafiul Bashar
Delhi Deepak Kumar
Ghakhar Ata Ur Rehman
Grand-Bassam Venance Assiene
Hyderabad Fazeel Usmani
Ife Adedayo Oyinlola 
Norcia Emanuele Persiani
Jaffna Thanulakshan Sris
Kandy Anuradha Piyadasa
Kuala Lumpur Syed Haseeb
Lagos Sanya Oluwadare
Milimani Wayne Peter
Nepal Niraj Bhusal 
Paris Jean Vincent
Perth David Tito
Sidoarjo Fahmi Adimara
St Kilda /Melb Paul Pavlinovich
Subotica Miroslav Popovic
Surabaya Fahmi Adimara 
Sydney Justine O'Brien
Eagle Square Nkenna Aneke
Westlands Robert Opiyo
THANK YOU, YOU'RE AWESOME

The 36 WalkThe 36 Walk

1 comment
Level 10

Re: Wow, what a year The 36 Walk is going to have!! Thanks to all the walk leaders.