StephenAbraham's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Worldwide Photo Walk Penang Malaysia & Chinese New Year Celebrations - a UNESCO Heritage Site

WW Photo Walk Penang Malaysia

Armenian Park

95, Lebuh Armenian, George Town, 10300 George Town, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia

February 25, 2018 @ 13:00 (+08)

RSVP here

Local Guides in Penang are hosting our very first community meet-up! On 25th Feb 2018. This meet up coincides with the 2018 Penang Chinese New Year Celebration Day!

Penang CNY Celebration 2018 is a street event jointly organized by all Penang citizens in conjunction with Chinese Lunar New Year in Georgetown on 25 Feb 2018, 4pm to 10pm. The event hopes to promote culture, traditional arts and intangible heritage through performances, exhibitions and workshops. There will be a number of heritage precincts (Kongsi's) opening their doors. Admission is free.

Penang CNY Celebrations Theme: "Searching For The Beauty of Penang" - The beauty of Penang is the true spirit of Penangites. We welcome everyone to feel the beauty of Penang.

This is a huge opportunity for Local Guides to enter and visit many of the heritage precincts (Kongsi's) which usually do not open their doors to public. We will be able to take photos and videos to share with the world. And for us to meet and to join in the celebrations for the day!

Our Agenda - 25th Feb (Sun)

1. [1.00pm] Meet up at 1.00pm at Armenian Park (https://goo.gl/maps/Kfhh3PtHVK32)

2. [1.15pm] Head for lunch/drink nearby

3. [2.00pm] 2 hours to explore, take photos and videos of the Heritage Precincts

4. [4.00pm] Visit street events & celebrations.

For more info, join our Penang LG WhatsApp group.

http://tiny.cc/PenangLG

Note:

- Dress light, it will be hot

- Bring a powerbank

- Entrance is free, but all other costs are self-paid.

RSVP here

95, Lebuh Armenian, George Town, 10300 George Town, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
7 comments
Level 10

Re: Worldwide Photo Walk Penang Malaysia & Chinese New Year Celebrations - a UNESCO Heritage Sit

Level 8

Re: Worldwide Photo Walk Penang Malaysia & Chinese New Year Celebrations - a UNESCO Heritage Sit

@StephenAbraham cool. I'm joining... Hooray!

Connect Moderator

Best wishes for your ww photo walk @StephenAbraham and also Happy Chinese New year in advance

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10

Level 10

Wow @StephenAbraham, I'm sure this photo walk will be very interesting!

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG
Level 10

Level 9

Hi @StephenAbraham,

These days I will go through all the meet-ups approved preparing the Recap of Recaps Video 😊

(Probably you will read this message in different places, I want to be sure everyone read it 😀 😁)

It would be great if you will record yourself in your Meet-Up (or anywhere if it is not possible) and say  something like "Hello I am/we are (name of participants or community) from  City, Country and Continent" and upload the video to  this share album  plus  a maximum of 10 photos of your city (the ones you will make in the Meet-Up) and we will Showcase the Beauty of your City in a collaborative video with the rest ones participating in this World Wide Photo Walk.

I use a basic editor and 360º pics don´t work good… standars ones are better.

if you think 10 aren't enough you can upload  collages or animations as the ones made with google photos, but maximun upload 10 (sorry :)) plus the video.

Let´s do this together.

Good Afternoon from the South of Spain,

Alejandra.