PaulPavlinovich's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: [RECAP] World Wide Edit Walk plus Burger Crawl

Hi @Osaka78forTRUMP no, this time I'm leaving Melbourne to someone else who can step up. I'm preparing for two massive youth camps and they are consuming a lot of my time.

Regards Paul

Level 10

What  would one need to do for such an event? I mean with reference to Chadstone. I don't live too far from there and I might be persuaded. Depending on what's involved. 

Level 10

Dear Mangoes, hope all's well. We'd encourage you to have a crack at it. The good thing about hosting a meet-up is you name the time/place. 😃 https://maps.google.com/localguides/meetup/how-to The good thing about World Wide Geo Walk is we're all in it together. 👍 Kind regards from Osaka78

Level 10

Thanks for the links. The suggested geo walk according to the notes/posts is next Saturday 26 Aug 2017. 

If you're keen, where do you suggest we meet up and the route? 

Time I'd suggest would be 1-5 pm. 

Level 10

Hi @Osaka78forTRUMP @PaulPavlinovich 

If organising a walk do you have suggestions about how large an area to cover? 

Chadstone was mentioned, did you have a particular area you could suggest to cover? 

Thanks

Mangoes 

Level 10

Dear Mangoes, hope all's well. It's good you're keen. 👍

Definitely, introduce yourself to OSAMA who's hosting us all for World Wide Geo Walk and see if Paul Pavlinovich has any suggestions, his advice will be absolute gold for all of us.

We're currently helping get meet-ups going in every country and attending in Perth, WA.

As you say, it's a couple of weeks away, so there's plenty of time if you decide to host something for the Vics. 😃 

We encourage you to go for it, Mangoes. Kind regards from Osaka78

Connect Moderator

Hi Mangoes, if the purpose is to update Maps then Chadstone will certainly yield lots of content for Maps. A group wandering around taking photos and making notes on the phone might freak out security though. If you live near Chadstone perhaps you might find some smaller shopping strips and do them instead?

There aren't any wrong answers on how far you should go. Being your first meetup I would keep it small to make it manageable.

Regards Paul

Level 10

Thanks @Osaka78forTRUMP for your enthusiasm and encouragement. I've been reading some of the discussions on this as well as information sheet and I think it'd be at least 3 weeks notice to get this properly organised and off the ground. So I don't think we'll be able to meet the 25/26 aug dates suggested... 

Maybe the next one or a different one? 

Level 10

No worries, Mangoes. You never know, Victoria Local Guides may host something yet. You might be able to attend with them. As PaulP said, it's good for everyone to have a go hosting.

It looks like Paul Pavlinovich is hosting many meetups in Victoria. You're always welcome to join in, it's a lot of fun.

Thanks for putting your hand up, Mangoes, it's nice to meet you. If Victoria doesn't happen this time, let us know, you can participate with Perth World Wide Geo Walk on Hangouts, it'll be fun.

Keep an eye out for all the stories from World Wide Geo Walk, that's the best part of the global events, many cultures in it together.

As for your future meetups, let us know when you decide to go, we'd love to team up. 

Kind regards from Osaka78