OSAMA's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

WORLD WIDE GEO WALK MEETUP , DISCOVER THE HIDDEN GEMS IN YOUR CITY 💎

Welcome to The World Wide Geo Walk  World Wide Geo Walk Meetup 1st EditionWorld Wide Geo Walk Meetup 1st Edition

Source local guides Meetup SiteSource local guides Meetup Site

Our First World Wide Meetup  was a MAP Editing  Walk and this will be the Second World Wide Meetup I Join and we are very motivated  to make it ,We are very Happy our First World Wide Meetup Featured on  social Media Facebook , Twitter and Google+

so lets start  what is a Meetup?  this Question ask from  new Members as we all ask it before 

as written on the Meetup site

"A meet-up is an organized gathering with Local Guides in your area"

so you  Bring your community closer together and of course to enjoy and have fun 

and "WORLD WIDE MEETUP BRING OUR ALL WORLD WIDE COMMUNITIES CLOSER TOGETHER " 

there are 4 types of Meetups 
1. Food Crawl    2.Photo Walk   3.Geo Walk  4. Map Editing 
we choose this meetup to be a Geo Walk   as  written in the  Geo Walk PDF
Screenshot of the Geo Walk PDF Local Guide Meetup SiteScreenshot of the Geo Walk PDF Local Guide Meetup Site

GEO WALK OVERVIEW
Lace up your most comfortable shoes and head to a new or lesser-known neighborhood in town. Add a place, upload a photo, and be the first to share it with the world.

EXAMPLES
To organize a geo walk, just follow a simple recipe: plan a route and invite people to join  you.

Find some ideas here:

Find a new area:

Cities are dynamic and it’s exciting to try to keep up with new hot spots opening up. Explore new areas and neighborhoods and make
sure every detail is on Google Maps.

Be a real guide:

Think you know your city better than anyone else? Create your ideal walking tour using My Maps and show others what inspires
you the most.

Back to nature:

Many cities have national parks nearby with amazing trails and things to spot on the way. Make sure to add all these scenic points
to Google Maps, as well as adding photos.

TOP 5 TIPS

1. Free walking tours: You can either join a free walking tour or create one of your own. Discover and share the best of your city, keeping Maps contributions in mind.

2. This is how we roll: Don’t let the “walk” part of the name stop you from making your geo walk really unique by inviting people to bike, skate or whatever
way of moving you think would be interesting for your community. Make sure to check with your community members beforehand for any accessibility
requirements.

3. Share your knowledge: If you’re planning on visiting historic or iconic places, you could create a document with interesting facts to share with the rest of the
attendees. It’s always nice to have a little context when visiting places.

4. Play games: To attract more people to your event, you can organize a game around your geo walk. For example, a scavenger hunt is a great way to get
people moving from point A to point B while doing something at each place.

5. Weather: Keep an eye on the weather forecast in case you need to rearrange your geo walk to accommodate unfortunate showers. Or take it as an opportunity to
go the extra mile as a total adventurer!

thanks to Meetup site and the geo walk pdf i took this info from 🙂

its pretty simple to host a meetup all what you want to do is to go to the meetup site and submitt a meetup  after approval of your meetup  and don't worry our Googler @HelloJess make the approval a very easy proccess For us last World wide meetup  (JUST SUBMIT AND MENTION US HERE ) after that you start invite your community

we help each other last World Wide Meetup in inviting and will do the same this Meetup 

even if you are not a community moderator ,

what are you waiting for  go and submit now , this world wide meetup will be on saturday 26th of August  26\8\2017 ,be flexible with dates before after one or two days its ok , some will can friday some will prefer Sunday ask your community members and go for it , even if you are alone go for it and make your first Meetup a it will be a happy moment for you and us 🙂

@LuisRG, @MariaBi , @JeslynL @YanniY

@AradhanaB @AGarner @BruceDM 

And All Googlers Bring it On Guys let's make the best World Wide Meetup Ever with your inspiring and support , and with The Respect that  all members carry for you ,we can make a real change on all the Globe 

🌍🌎🌏🗺🗾🌍🌎🌏🗻🏕🏖🏜🏝🏞

Welcome to

The World Wide Geo Walk Meetup 

We invite you All to Join Us 👍

All Members Old & New ☝️

All Connect Moderators ✌️

All Google Moderators 👌

🙏🙌🙏🙌 @KarenVChin 🙌🙏🙌🙏

My Amazing Friend your words make me and all Connect feel Great , and it's perfect way to start my Week 🙏🙌🙏🙌🙏

We decided to make this this World Wide Meetups long time ago when @TraciC  Announced the new Points System and we celebrate that system and send us

back to Street Boys 🙌

we think of new way to engage and make the Local guide Program more and more engaging and motivating the brilliant Amazing Connect  proactive Superstar  HelloSamsonR suggest & started it and we will continue this World Wide MEETUPS , you will make one soon 😉

This will bring our communities together and make us Connect more and more 

Any Question Just Ask ,  🙂

Who's Next !! 🙂

Mountain View, CA, United States
679 comments
Level 9

Re: WORLD WIDE GEO WALK MEETUP , DISCOVER THE HIDDEN GEMS IN YOUR CITY 💎

Level 10

Excellent @OSAMA it's time to spread the word 🙂

Level 10

I will be glad to organize 1 for my community and country, you know I love meet-ups 🙂

Level 9

Perfect Welcome Welcome 🙌🙏 🙌🙏

@HelloSamsonR Our Connect Superstar

This is what I mean of Team work , support help and make difference 😊👍

Yeah it's Time let's all the World know we are coming to discover All Gems 💎

Level 9

Level 9

Level 9

@OSAMA & @HelloSamsonR I am having party right now but just came to say that I am in and totally excited about this. Let's do it. 💪💪💪🙌🙌🙌

Level 10

Awright. Count me in @OSAMA! Every single weekend I always head out to an unexplored place anyway in my conquest of Sydney, but maybe for this particular day I'll go somewhere quite far! 26th of August, sure thing! Maybe I'll up to Newcastle or even down to Bowral, maybe Wollongong? At least 80km away hehe!

Level 9

Oh wao @OSAMA I'm in. 

@HelloSamsonR nice DP bro. 

See you later @all

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.