HelloSamsonR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

PART 3 WORLDWIDE RECAP- THE WORLDWIDE MAP EDIT WALK

Please Read Part 1 Of The Worldwide Map Edit Walk Here: Recap The Worldwide Map Edit Walk Part 1

Please Read Part 2 Of The Worldwide Map Edit Walk Here: Recap The Worldwide Map Edit Walk Part 2

11. Galle, Sri Lanka The Worldwide Map Edit Walk

The Worldwide map edit walk was hosted in Galle, Sri Lanka by Anuradhapur  Pidyasa. Anuradhap is a member of the Sri Lanka Local Guides community and he is a moderator and owner of few communities in Sri Lanka. He was one of the awesome Local Guides who saw the event the day it was created and decide to host one to help improve the maps of Galle. He is also one of the numerous wonderful Local Guides of this community.

large (4).jpg

EXPERIENCE

I went there on time and no one turned up at the start. I started mapping the missing places in the Main Street and shop owners were asking lots of questions as I was taking photographs and updating the maps. After half an hour another Local Guide Ruwan from Galle Local GuYou came. Imagine how many places were missing there in Google Maps. Galle is one of the main tourist attractions in Sri Lanka and I can not believe why these places are missing from the map.  So i used this wonderful opportunity to put those informations on the Google maps so that it can as well help incoming visitors and as well the Galle Community. Isn’t this a wonderful experience? Definitely it is. To see how the Local Guides in Galle, Sri Lanka marked the Worldwide map edit walk, please visit this link: Galle, Sri Lanka How We Marked The Worldwide Map Edit Walk

12. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia The Worldwide Map Edit Walk

A sincere gratitude for Akmalb who single handedly made sure he dropped the pins of lovely Kuala Lumpur on this wonderful day. Akmalb is a very active and as well vibrant Local Guide in this community. He also contributed a lot in the hangouts we had and he is an amazing and wonderful person. On this day after no one turned out for the meet-up, he single handedly took the bull by the horn to make sure he made an impact in his community :). Here are the highlights and experiences as well from him on this day.

Akmalb: Kuala Lumpur Map editing Meetup  was parallel with World wide map editing idea by HelloSamsonR. I reached the starting point of our event by 8:30am. I waited there until 9:30am.14 local guides clicked they were  attending the Meetup, but 1 local guide Inform me that he clicked attending by mistake. So were are 13???? Hahaha. But surprisingly  one beautiful thing came to join & support me.
it was Kuala Lumpur's beautiful weather.

EXPERIENCE

Hopefully next meet up will be an enjoyable one.Thanks. Lol,  amazing what a nice and funny experience as well. Isn't it? Definitely it is. Akmal well done and keep up the good work in making an impact in your community. We are so happy you joined us to support this wonderful Worldwide event. To see the recap story by Akmalb please visit this link: How The Worldwide Map Edit Walk Was Marked In Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

13. Dubai, U.A.E The Worldwide Map Edit Walk

The Worldwide map edit walk was organized in Dubai by Muhannad Kalbouneh also known as Muhannadk on Local Guides Connect. He is the owner of the Dubai Local Guides Community and as well a Summit Attendee for 2017. We sincerely appreciate your efforts and support Muhannad for making it possible for the Worldwide map edit walk to be possible in one of the most visited places in the continent. Here are highlights and recap experiences from Muhannad event.

Muhannad: As planned, it was really nice to be part of Worldwide Map Edit adventure, thank you guys for the initiative and many thanks to the Local Guides Team for facilitating the meet-up approval in very short time. City Walk in Dubai is a shopping and dining area that is more of a community rather than a mall. it's an outdoor and indoor complex, the design is really creative and it's part of the  Dubai main attractions, the buildings have been designed as homages to the late Georgian and Victorian style that gives the UK its famous urban character, the more you walk you will feel moving to other countries while each side of the area will find the design changing, as these days the temperature around 44 degree so the indoor option was the best for us.

EXPERIENCE

The City center is there for more than a year but surprisingly a lot of shops are still not on the Google Maps. Few shops were added, others that were Misplaced were corrected. Wow great experience. But honestly this is just a little of Muhannad recap story. If you are a cake lover and as well a sweet lover, definitely you should visit this link: How We Marked The Worldwide Map Edit Walk In Dubai, U.A.E to see the exciting, beautiful and amazing pictures of cakes and Dubai as well.

14. Vellore, India The Worldwide Map Edit Walk

The Worldwide map edit walk was hosted in Vellore, India by Salmaan Nawaz. Salmaan is one of the very active and vibrant Local Guides from India. Salmaan selected Vellore Fort as his point of  Interest to carry out the Worldwide map editing event. He said the reason he selected Vellore Fort for meetup is that the location is a busy place where a Building named Sarathy Mansion is located and it  has around 100 of shops in it and is very adjacent to the Vellore Old Bus stand. So this was a good place to help improve maps as well.

20170724_104637.gif

EXPERIENCE

Salmaan: It has been a very great experience to conduct the map edit meetup. It was completely a memorable and happiest experience. The best ever feel to contribute on a hot weather silently on a road side during meetup to make the world a better place to live. I thank the Almighty for making me successfully to be able to  conduct the meetup. I want to thank HellosamsonR for this great idea of conducting World wide map edit walk. I want to thank the Google Local Guides team for giving me this wonderful opportunity and making this possible. I extend my thanks to Osama for supporting and encouraging the World wide map edit walk. And finally, I thank all the Local Guides all over the world for their great contributions. Thank you all and a happy Guiding. Isn’t that a wonderful experience ? Definitely it is. To see how Vellore Local Guides Marked the Worldwide map edit walk, please visit this link: Vellore,India How We Marked The Worldwide Map Edit Walk

15. Melbourne, Australia The Worldwide Map Edit Walk + Burger Crawl

The worldwide map edit walk was organized in Melbourne, Australia thanks to Paul Pavlinovich. Paul is the founder of the Annual 36” Photo Walk of which many of us know by now and if you don't know what the 36” Photo Walk is, try searching this community for 36” Photo Walk to know more about it. He is also an inspiration to this Worldwide map edit event and he contributed immensely to this wonderful event by giving useful advice, information, guidance and as well useful tips. Paul was also the second person on behalf of the Melbourne Local Guides of which he is a community moderator to participate in this Worldwide event. He was able to key in two events as well an this same day. He had a burger crawl and also a map edit walk.Thanks to Paul for joining and supporting this Worldwide event. See interesting stories and highlights from Paul below.

Paul: When HelloSamsonR started to talk about his idea to do a World Wide Map Edit Walk, I jumped at the chance to join in with his idea. Melbourne Local Guides already had two events on this weekend so rather than create a third one the edit idea was rolled into both the Gertrude Street Dinner & Photowalk yesterday and the Burger & Ice-Cream Crawl today.

EXPERIENCES

At each of the stops while we waited for food we wandered around and updated various places, added photos to quite a few, and added two places that were not on maps. A great day and each of us had a few more points pushing us onwards and upwards. Cool what a lovely experience he had. To see the full recap story please visit this link: Melbourne, Australia How We Marked The Worldwide Map Edit Walk

16. Plateau Jos, Nigeria The Worldwide Map Edit Walk

The Worldwide map edit walk was hosted in Jos, Nigeria by Anthony Chilaka. Anthony who only got to knew about this meet-up few days to the event was passionate and happy that such an unofficial event was taking place worldwide to help improve the accuracy of the Google Maps. He is the moderator of the Plateau Local Guides Community. Here are the recap highlights and experiences from Anthony below:

Anthony: I am encouraged by all the wonderful recaps I have read on  Local Guides Connect. My gratitude goes to HelloSamsonR for tagging me on the #WWmapeditwalk. My Gratitude also goes to HelloJess for your prompt approval of the Local Guide Meetup. I also give thanks to OSAMA and U-royFelixA for the useful tips.  And to all those whom I have contacted within the week and are currently acquainting themselves with Google's powerful social media platform. I give thanks to you all. IMG_20170722_082921.jpg

EXPERIENCE

The Plateau Local Guides edition of the Worldwide map edit walk took place with only I in attendance. A lot of work is required from my end to enlighten my family and friends on the social network aspect of how the Google Local Guides Program is and the huge benefits of the Google plus communities as well. My next Local Guides Meetup promises to be better than this. Hmm what a great experience and a sincere motivation Anthony. Isn't this uplifting?  Of course yes. Anthony Chilaka promises to give the best to his community in his next upcoming meet-up. Now that's the motivation. To see how the Worldwide map edit walk was held in Plateau, Nigeria please visit this link: How The Worldwide Map Edit Walk Was Marked In Plateau, Nigeria

17. Kathmandu, Nepal The Worldwide Map Edit Walk

The Worldwide map edit walk was hosted in Kathmandu, Nepal by Bishowvijaya Pandey. Bishowvijaya is a member of the Nepal Local Guides Community and a very vibrant and active member of the Local Guides Program. He can also be referred to as the 1 man community. Lol. We thank you Bishowvijaya for putting up a courageous effort to help make an impact in your community despite the few challenges you might have had. Well done man and keep up the good work. Find below  the recap highlights of Bishowvijaya and his experiences as well.

Bishowvijaya: First of all I would like to give thanks  to the planner of this global event HelloSamsonR from Nigeria. Also I am very thankful to Osaka78, because of his query I had managed to host a meet up event. I had given my words to HelloSamsonR that whether I will be able to host a map edit walk or not but I will be the part of the event in anyway either in a group or individually. I want to give a special thanks to HelloJess for approving the meet-up at the crucial moment. I was scared by a sentence that submitting Meetups can take a week for approval but I had only 2 days.  Also many thanks to Osama & Bharatiya who always played a crucial role to boost up my interaction.1000 (5).jpg

EXPERIENCE

I Bishowvijaya, the one man community started my Map edit walk at 12pm mapping the religious shops around the

The Pashupatinath Temple. I spent 2:30hrs till 2:30 pm on the map. Despite the changing weather, rainy season is in progress and dusty roads and broadening of roads is going on in the city,I had continued the mapping till the death of the battery of my mobile. July 22 being a Saturday was a holiday in Nepal just like Sunday is a holiday in other countries which gave an advantage of less traffic volume and a bit more free time. The joy of mapping the places and helping the people was immensely pleasant. Also I spent some moments at Buddha Stupa in a way. Later, after the completion of the map edit walk, I joined the musical ceremony that happens frequently in my friend's home. I do what I love and I love what I do. As this is the second meet-up I have attended & 1st meet-up I have organised. I missed my friends from my 1st meet up. I feel so sorry that because of very limited amount of time I couldn't interact with all so nicely. Anyway hope to see you all in upcoming events. With the end of map edit walk I am awarded with 'gave 5,000 kudos' badge. Wow what a story filled with enthusiasm and passion. Isn't this awesome? Of course yes it is. To read the full story and more experiences shared by Bishowvijaya  please visit this link: How Kathmandu, Nepal Marked The Worldwide Map Edit Walk

18. Tangier, Morroco The Worldwide Map Edit Walk

A big thanks to Medrida Ziani for making it possible for Tangier, City Morroco to be able to organize such an event in its city. Medridaz is a member of the Tangier Local Guides Community. He is one of the very active members of the Local Guides Program. This was his first meet-up as a host too and it turned out to be very pretty impressive for him as he said he was motivated and will continue to organize more and more meet-ups in the coming days. Here, below his recap experiences and highlights as well.

Medridaz: Before several days, I have seen the request of my friend HelloSamsonR to join the Worldwide map editing event. I was disturbed & i wasn't sure if I can do this. But with the encouragement of my brother OSAMA I decided to take part in this event. And since it was my first experience I searched the information of how I can organize a meet-up in the new meet-up site and as well the meet-up board.

22072017IMG000055.jpg

EXPERIENCE

I started my meet-up program by meeting with my friend @Redouane the owner of the community of Tangier, he help me to learn and learn more about the city !!And after my nice meeting, I have visited the most remarkable places of Tangier, the cornice of the city, the ancient city and of course the caves of Hercules. My program was closed by a friend’s dinner where I introduced the Local Guides  program to everyone and advise them to join it. This all about my first little experience & the most important in all this is I am sure this meetup isn't going to be the last one. it's just the beginning :). Wow, what a lovely experience from  Medridaz. Isn't this lovely? Of course yes. To see the full experience and the recap story, please visit this link:How We Marked The Worldwide Map Edit Walk in Tangier, Morroco

To see the Beautiful Moments we all shared together on this memorable day, please visit :The Worldwide Map Edit Walk Global Album

And as well enjoy our Lovely video as well. 

Please Read Part 4 Here: Recap The Worldwide Map Edit Walk Part 4

Abuja, Nigeria
86 comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PART 3 WORLDWIDE RECAP- THE WORLDWIDE MAP EDIT WALK

Congratulations @HelloSamsonR and all the people who have participated in this adventure.

I am proud to be part of this great family 🙂

@Nando76 Local Guide MasterChef

Level 10

Thank you @Anonymous it was an unforgettable experience 😊😊

Level 9

@SalmaanN , @MedRidaZ , @MuhannadK , @AkmalB 😊😊😊😊😊

Wonderful story @HelloSamsonR 😊😊😊

Level 9

Miss you @AnuradhaP 😊

Very nice photo @BishowvijayaP 😊😊😊

Level 10

Thank you @OSAMA 😊😊

Level 10

Thanks @OSAMA for mention me here.

Nice one @HelloSamsonR 

Level 8

This is indeed a memorable experience.. I feel so proud to be a part of this great worldwide meetup.. Thanks a lot, for this recap post, @HelloSamsonR..

and thanks for notifying me, @OSAMA..

Vellore Local Guides
Level 9

Eight great communities full of enthusiasm to explore today!

And a fantastic  Worldwide Map Edit Walk Global Album and Video.  👏👏👏😊

Thanks to all of you!

Level 10

@SalmaanN You are welcome 😊😊. It was really a great experience. Please take your time as well to read all the stories and recap experiences from other communities. Thanks a lot