PaulPavlinovich's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

[RECAP] World Wide Edit Walk plus Burger Crawl

When @HelloSamsonR started to talk about his idea to do a World Wide Map Edit Walk I jumped at the chance to join in with his idea. Melbourne Local Guides already had two events on this weekend so rather than create a third one the edit idea was rolled into both the Gertrude Street Dinner & Photowalk yesterday and the Burger & Ice-Cream Crawl today.

Today's turnout was a small one probably due to the cold weather with Christina, Alex, Matt, Charles and myself turning up. We had a humorous start to the meetup at Third Wave in Port Melbourne. We sat outside even though it was cold. Our waitress was bringing over an outdoor heater for us and could not get it between two planters. I thought I'd help out and gave the planter a yank, it didn't move so I gave it a bigger yank and ripped it in half ending up on my arse on the footpath. I had no idea how strong I was! Third Wave took it exactly the right way and continued to give us respect and treatment due customers. Between the five of us we ordered three burgers, Three Little Piggies, Juicy Lucy and a Ribsy with onion rings and chips on the side. All three burgers were simply amazing, I'm calling this place - it's the best burgers in Melbourne. They're going to have to be good to convince me differently. The service was impeccable, after we ordered an inside table opened up and the staff brought us in from the cold even though some others who came after us were waitlisted. This is good, look after the customers you've got not the ones who have wandered off sight seeing. The service was reasonably timely, the cafe is quite small (seats about 30) and a big group of 18 had only ordered just before us. Our food still came out quite quickly so the kitchen is obviously professional and responsive. In the spirit of the edit I noticed their marker was half way up the block and moved it to where it should be.

Outdoor seatingOutdoor seatingRibsyRibsyJuicy LucyJuicy LucyThree PiggiesThree Piggies

The bar and serveryThe bar and servery

After stuffing ourselves on the noms we left this place and edited some places and added photos on the way to our next stop. Our next stop was closed by surprise so they missed out on our business. Their maps entry said they were open so we fixed that because they quite obviously weren't. Onto our third stop Andrew's Burger which although excellent as always, were not as good as Third Wave. We ate outside again. The staff were really friendly and the food was delivered piping hot in its usual brown paper bags.

Finally we went off to Jock's Ice Cream where we partook of the various flavors in their waffle cones. 

At each of the stops while we waited for food we wandered around and updated various places, added photos to quite a few, and added two places that were not on maps. A great day and each of us had a few more points pushing us onwards and upwards.

Third Wave Cafe, Port Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
48 comments
Level 10

Re: [RECAP] World Wide Edit Walk plus Burger Crawl

Thumbs up @PaulPavlinovich! B-but I see more of mouth-watering pictures of delicious foods than map editing. LOL!!!

@PaulPavlinovich wrote:

When @HelloSamsonR started to talk about his idea to do a World Wide Map Edit Walk I jumped at the chance to join in with his idea. Melbourne Local Guides already had two events on this weekend so rather than create a third one the edit idea was rolled into both the Gertrude Street Dinner & Photowalk yesterday and the Burger & Ice-Cream Crawl today.

Today's turnout was a small one probably due to the cold weather with Christina, Alex, Matt, Charles and myself turning up. We had a humorous start to the meetup at Third Wave in Port Melbourne. We sat outside even though it was cold. Our waitress was bringing over an outdoor heater for us and could not get it between two planters. I thought I'd help out and gave the planter a yank, it didn't move so I gave it a bigger yank and ripped it in half ending up on my arse on the footpath. I had no idea how strong I was! Third Wave took it exactly the right way and continued to give us respect and treatment due customers. Between the five of us we ordered three burgers, Three Little Piggies, Juicy Lucy and a Ribsy with onion rings and chips on the side. All three burgers were simply amazing, I'm calling this place - it's the best burgers in Melbourne. They're going to have to be good to convince me differently. The service was impeccable, after we ordered an inside table opened up and the staff brought us in from the cold even though some others who came after us were waitlisted. This is good, look after the customers you've got not the ones who have wandered off sight seeing. The service was reasonably timely, the cafe is quite small (seats about 30) and a big group of 18 had only ordered just before us. Our food still came out quite quickly so the kitchen is obviously professional and responsive. In the spirit of the edit I noticed their marker was half way up the block and moved it to where it should be.

Outdoor seatingOutdoor seatingRibsyRibsyJuicy LucyJuicy LucyThree PiggiesThree Piggies

The bar and serveryThe bar and servery

After stuffing ourselves on the noms we left this place and edited some places and added photos on the way to our next stop. Our next stop was closed by surprise so they missed out on our business. Their maps entry said they were open so we fixed that because they quite obviously weren't. Onto our third stop Andrew's Burger which although excellent as always, were not as good as Third Wave. We ate outside again. The staff were really friendly and the food was delivered piping hot in its usual brown paper bags.

Finally we went off to Jock's Ice Cream where we partook of the various flavors in their waffle cones. 

At each of the stops while we waited for food we wandered around and updated various places, added photos to quite a few, and added two places that were not on maps. A great day and each of us had a few more points pushing us onwards and upwards.

Level 10

Excellent meet-up Paul 😊😊😊👍👍👍👍

Connect Moderator

Lol @SanyaOdare it's hard to make photos of mapping when the device you use is also the camera on the day 🙂

Thanks @HelloSamsonR

Level 10

@PaulPavlinovich wrote:

Lol @SanyaOdare it's hard to make photos of mapping when the device you use is also the camera on the day 🙂

Thanks @HelloSamsonR

Yes @PaulPavlinovich Lol, it's really hard. We were lucky enough to get some photos 😊😊👍

Connect Moderator

I see the recaps are coming in @HelloSamsonR looks like most of the walks are happening. Good stuff, shortly you'll probably be asked to summarise the recaps into one (or more) posts so keep some bookmarks!

Level 10

Yes  @PaulPavlinovich I am waiting for all to complete their meet-ups so as to summarize all in one page 😊😊👍. Thanks for your sincere commendations 😊Feedback Form Form Worldwide Map Edit Walk Please help us as well drop your contributions, either little or large, we welcome them in this feedback form. 

Kind Regards 🙂

Connect Moderator

When you're building your recap post keep your eye on the size. I built it externally in Drive/Docs and pasted it in. LGC has a max post sizeof something like 20K of text so you may need to split it.

Level 8

I hope you ate extra for me @PaulPavlinovich 😁 what a delicious meet up! Fantastic idea and absolutely tasty🍔🍦! I think I may need to take this idea for my next meet up 👍

Level 10

Yes very thoughtful of you @PaulPavlinovich 😊😊. I am using Google Docs for it so at the end I copy and paste here. 😊👍👍. Thanks for reminding me 🙂