AdarshUmangRaj's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Error on Submitting a meet-up

Hey @HelloJess@TraciC , @BruceDM I have been trying to submit a meet-up but it keeps on failing.I am trying to schedule the meet-up on 24-09-17, but it not yet submitted because of some error.I tried changing the dates & time, minimised the resolution of the cover photo to 1030*350, but it didn't work.I have made a video on what's happening, please help me out with this. https://photos.app.goo.gl/oRGzHdVscFp5TfH92

New Delhi, Delhi, India
13 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 8
Solution

Re: Error on Submitting a meet-up

@BruceDM Yes the meetup was finally summited for 1st October 2017 and got approved as well, but I found out that the actual issue is with the location; when I tried modifying the location, the meetup got submitted instantly.

After the submission, I did try changing the location of the meet up later on, but there was no option to edit the description or the Location for the meet-up.

View solution in original post

Level 9

@AdarshUmangRaj,

I'm also facing the same problem. I hope it may be a temporary issue. 

Still waiting for any suitable suggestion.

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 8

Yes @deepakjhic, I tried in on your computer yesterday via teamviewer and there was this same problem.I hope Google Maps team will get back to us as soon as possible.

Former Google Contributor

Hello @AdarshUmangRaj @deepakjhic,

Thank you for reporting and for the video.  I have tried to replicate your issue of creating a Meet-up and I have not encountered the same issue from your video where the approval is hanging.  Would you mind trying again to see if the issue has resolved on your end?

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Level 8

@BruceDM Yes, the same problem still persists, I tried it on a different browser -> "Firefox", even tried doing it in a Incognito window on both the browser's, but nothing helped.

I have already tried deleting all of my browser's cookies & caches, but the submit still hangs.
Tried doing the same on my mobile phone and also on my other laptop, but I am consistently getting the same problem.

Hello @AdarshUmangRaj,

Thank you for confirming.  I will escalate this issue today. Please allow a few days for the appropriate teams to review.

Level 9

@BruceDM wrote:

Hello @AdarshUmangRaj,

Thank you for confirming.  I will escalate this issue today. Please allow a few days for the appropriate teams to review.

Plz solve this as soon as possible. We are thinking to host an accessibility meet-up. 

@BruceDM

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 8

@BruceDM Yes, I wanted to host a meet-up on 24-09-17, but because of this failure in submission, I have rescheduled the meeting to 01-10-17. If, you could suggest me a way to put it on meetup board for everyone to join so that I could share the link with everyone to join.

Hi @AdarshUmangRaj,

You could always write a post in the Lets Meet-Up! section but you would still need the forms functionality to collect reservations. Google Moderator @HelloJess wrote a great post on how you can check for interest in your Meet-Up idea.

The team will be working on a fix in the meantime.  As an FYI, the more lead time you give to your Meet-Up plans, the better your chances of getting a larger number of people to attend!

Level 8

@BruceDM that is a great suggestion to give everyone some time to share about the meetup, but I have partnered with a number of local food restaurants for the meet-up and they have plans to welcome all the local guides with great offers and a special tasting menu.
But, I'll try to extend the dates, untill further updates from the Google team.