LucioV's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: 1st Italia Local Guides meetup

Il meetup si avvicina, i preparativi fervono! Saremo quasi 100!

Stickers and banners!Stickers and banners!

Thanks to Davide Pedretti BiagioniThanks to Davide Pedretti Biagioni

Level 5

@LucioV,

Wow...do you pay for all that stuff out of your own pocket mate?I have not held a meet up yet...I have not yet enquired as to what the drill is.Does Local Guides Connect help you spread the word?

Cheers,

Zed star.

Level 10

Hi @Zeds yes, everything made by us! 😄 I have two technical sponsors for this meetup, Nital (in behalf of Nital) and Agema, that will be the host, offering logistics and some merchandising!

I'm a **####**ing perfectionist, so i don't host a meetup unless it will look like a little Google Next event! 😄

Level 5

@LucioV,

That's pretty cool! Is that how most local guides pay for a meet up...by getting sponsors?.......you must be paying for something.Ha ha... I tell everybody I am a functioning perfectionist (or a obsessive compulsive) only my wife knows about the 2nd one.So I am looking at organizing a meet up....... I have been pretty sick with this flu/virus for a month so it has set me back a bit in my plans to attend the Local Guides Summit 2017.I am almost better now so I will talk to the owner of my favorite cafe and see if he agrees with my idea to host it there.

Cheers,

Zed star.

Level 10

Not, really, usually meetups are more informal and casual events. Sometimes some host has got some gadgets to share with other local guides, but mainly, a meetup is only a way for sharing something, a photowalk, a beer, a coffee.

But i want this event to be "huge" and won't work without some management.

I know there are some LGs that will take an airplane, to attend the meetup, at their own expenses, so i have to mantain the expectations.

And, this is a nation wide meetup, so logistics is not easy!

Really hope to meet you in #lgsummit17, if i will have this opportunity!

Lucio

Level 5

@LucioV,

It will be phenomenal my perfectionist friend.

Cheers,

Zed star.

Level 10

Temo che questo potrebbe diventare il meetup più affollato nella storia delle Local Guides! Cercate di fare attenzione alle strade chiuse, il Papa ha deciso di seguirmi, e sarà a Milano proprio sabato!!!!!

Purtroppo per lui non essendosi registrato al meetup non potrà partecipare al map challenge.

Level 3

Consigli su dove parcheggiare? 😄

Level 10
Level 8

Ci sarà vendita di gadget ?