BishalS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

360 camera suggestions?

Get google 360 camera to take pictures and post in google map?

Kathmandu, Central Development Region, Nepal
15 comments
Level 3

Re: 360 camera suggestions?

Probably the simplest is the Ricoh Theta S which is what I use. It stitches the two views together to make a 360 image. 

I love how portable it is. I took it around wherever I went on a recent trip to Florida. 

The only problem might be the resolution when zooming in and on larger browsers. Larger resolutions also mean large files when it comes to 360. 

You can also connect directly to the camera from the Google street view app. The only problem that I've had is going from the street view app to the Theta app. Wifi connection tends to get lost. 

Hope that helps!

Level 8

Hi @BishalS,

I also has a Theta S and agree with @DougM.

I heard Kodak has something in the pipeline and it might be worth waiting for.

Level 9

@BishalS If you want quick and easy then Ricoh, LG 360 or Gear 360, but if you want high resolution, exposure and stitching control you should look at a 35 MM and panoramic head. Much more work, but some would say well worth it. 

Level 8

I personally use the Samsung Gear 360º camera, I used to do all of my shots using my iPhone and the StreetView app.
The Gear 360º uses two lens that within the app gets stitched together.
It's very easy to setup and you trigger the shot with the StreetView app, you can then upload straight away.

Hope this helps.

Steven

Level 7

Hi, I currently use a Gear 360 (version 1), but I'm looking to try the new Xiaomi 360 camera. Better resolution, more compact design, good price. Does anyone have any experience with it?

http://kobak.org
Level 7

yes I even took some shots with theta 360 and they are good enough and they are handy too which is the best part .They are portable and we can carry them wherever we go  and only problem is with the resolution.

biblam
Level 9

Level 8

If you wanna try 360 camera only for photos then theta s is best.

but video quality is little low.

theta s is lowest price and support with Street view app bro. @IlankovanT bro also using it. Check out his photos.

Level 8

But Theta S have the option of external SD? I'm looking a cheap option for start.... 

For little videos What could be best? samsung gear 360? 

The only problem in Mexico is we cant enter the cams like (video cams, or Samsung gear) to musseums or shows, they take a tax, I think only for the "box", I mean for example when my friend go with a Reflex he dont need pay, If i go with  a vixia I need pay... and Reflex is more proffesional than vixia xD