Diana_umbat's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

"Mee Boom" Noodle Boom

My trip to Gerik, Perak took me 5 hours driving from Kuala Lumpur. Due to the traffic all the way from Kuala Lumpur, cause the jammed and slow moving. Stop at one chinese food court here at Gerik Town to have late lunch and i saw this Mee Boom picture and wondering how it is look like and have a try.. And it is actually, a fried noodle and they also added the gravy, prawn and pork. In Kuala Lumpur we called this Hailam Fried Mee. Taste really good and the portion is too much for me for really not great eater. Big portion tho. Together with me, my friend also orderd Char Kway Teow Hannah and Chee Cheong Fun.Mee BoomMee Boom

Mee Boom + Keow Teow HannaMee Boom + Keow Teow Hanna

Chee Cheong FunChee Cheong Fun

Gerik, Perak, Malaysia
5 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: "Mee Boom" Noodle Boom

@Diana_umbat It's great you were able to come across this place. It seems like it was good enough to make your day better after all the traffic. Thank you for sharing this with us! 

You took nice photos too, would you mind sharing more about the third dish "Chee Cheong Fun" with us? I don't think I have seen a similar dish here in Argentina, and I'm sure other readers will be curious about it too

Level 8

Hi @Jesi, thank you.

I always wanted to try something that I never tried before. It cost us only 19 Ringgit Malaysia for all 3 dishes plus the drinks, which is 4 euro. That is very cheap!

Chee Cheong Fun is the rice noodle roll with classic savory fillings like shrimp, toasted sesame seeds with shrimp paste mixed with dark and sweet sauce. You actually can add in things up even more with deep-fried morsels, like meat-stuffed eggplant slices, fish balls, and stuffed fu zhok (deep-fried stuffed tofu skin). Nice..

Former Google Contributor

Hi @Diana_umbat,

This looks absolutely delicious, thanks for sharing!

Looking at your photos is making me hungry. I don't think I've seen typical noodle dishes with this much gravy, I wonder if it's normal for Malaysian cuisine.

Which one of these three was your favorite? 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Hello @Diana_umbat,

First of all, let me congratulate you for the great pictures, everything seems so beautiful and delicious! As a huge fan of Asian food the only thing that I could say, is thank you for sharing it with us, it's really mouth-watering. 🙂

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator Thank you!

I was thinking the same thing @Jesi. 🙂 At least the ride was worth it. I mean everything looks more than splendid. The food presentation gives a visual flair that goes far beyond the ordinary.

Bravo @Diana_umbat for this post and for the exquisite pictures!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!