kamalhks's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

misused of LG position

very recently I received information from one of my friends.  he is a businessman and one of LG's charged some amount for add my friends business place in google map. I have all the documents that LG has misused his LG position. what kind of action can take against that?

Colombo, Sri Lanka
7 comments
Level 6

Local Guides Misuse their Position

very recently I received information from one of my friends.  he is a businessman and one of LG's charged some amount for add my friends business place in google map. I have all the documents that LG has misused his LG position. what kind of action can take against that?

Level 10

Re: misused of LG position

@kamalhks Just tagging some Google moderators to help in this.
@GeorgesHR @BruceDM Just tagging in this issue.

Also, do merge with this other post, seemed to have been posted twice.

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Local-Guides-Misuse-their-Position/m-p/9009...

Former Google Contributor

Re: Local Guides Misuse their Position

Hi @kamalhks,

Thanks for reaching out. I will send you a private message with instructions how to report this Local Guide. Bear in mind that we won't be able to share the results of our investigation.

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

@kamalhks

I am sure you must have done "Report" on Google Maps about this issue and tag Google Moderators in this forum.Keep it up.

In fact three days back I had similar issue of doing irrelavent Advertising, in Review, of many public places, by some LG.

I waiting for some feedback from Google.

Vijay Desai.

Level 6

Re: Local Guides Misuse their Position

Hi,NadyaPN

Thanks for your reply, waiting more info

Level 9

Hi @VijayDesai!

What you have written is a stark reality !!!

Some days back in posted regarding almost identical feature . I pleaded ti all my LG friends to have a physical verification and checking facts ( if possible) before editing .

I have seen a number of places where I feel , on paying a physical visit and facts checking mode, while those places are marked with "5 star rating " , are NOT ALL WORTHY OF THAT .

I often put up level and suggested my comments , to make the the Google authority aware .

Don't t know  ; what action has been taken as of date .

I have also attached the photographs also .

Hope it will draw their attention.

Former Google Contributor

Hi @StephenAbraham,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. @NadyaPN already reached out to @kamalhks

Please note that I have merged both topics together.

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators