cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Re: Let's share the Joy!

Hi @AdityaJyoti01,

Thanks for contacting us!

Please have in mind that the Local Guides program is a voluntary program and is all about helping each other with our contributions. There are some rewards, given from time to time as a ''thank you'' from Google for your quality contributions, however, there isn't a promised reward for participating or reaching a certain level or views. You can read more about it in this article. I also recommend that you check this discussion  where you will find some of the reasons for being a Local Guide. 

To maximize your chances of being eligible for a future reward opportunity, continue to add high quality contributions to Google Maps and make sure to update your email preferences.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

Re: Didn't expect to get this!

Help me to redeem my special reward I didn't recieve redeem code yet.

Re: Didn't expect to get this!

Hi @ANANTSHARMA,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Our team sent you an email. Please check the email address associated with your Local Guide account and if you don't see our communication in the inbox, please take a look in the spam folder. 

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

Re: Wow, love these new perks - if you got one, what did you get?

Hi Team, 

This is Rakesh poojari from Local guide 07 from  (mumbai) India .

I like to thanks google to keep trust and faith on Me and provided Local guide badge .

Thank google guide Teams 🙏 

20211110_201659.jpg

20211110_201737.jpg

20211110_201737.jpg

Rakesh Poojari
Level 8

Hi @Rakeshpoojari I want to congratulate you on your local guide pin. I hope you enjoy. Well deserved.

Level 6

Re: Let's share the Joy!

Hey!

Thanks for replying!

I know that Google maps local guide is a volunteer program

But if someone contributes to it and gets rewards it encourages and gives feeling of satisfaction to that person

But it he/she does not get rewarded for that contribution it discourages that person

I too contributed to help others but seeing others getting rewards and not me getting it discourages me 😞

Level 6

How to get this

Hi @Adarsh8,

Thanks for reaching out!

If you want to know more about reward, please check out this article.

Keep in mind that  the Local Guides program is a voluntary program and is all about helping each other with our contributions. There are some rewards, given from time to time as a ''thank you'' from Google for your quality contributions, however, there isn't a promised reward for participating or reaching a certain level or views. 

To maximize your chances of being eligible for a future reward opportunity, continue to add high quality contributions to Google Maps and make sure to update your email preferences.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 6

Hey!

I know that Google maps local guide is a volunteer program

But if someone contributes to it and gets rewards it encourages and gives feeling of satisfaction to that person

But it he/she does not get rewarded for that contribution it discourages that person

I too contributed to help others but seeing others getting rewards and not me getting it discourages me 😞

Level 8

Don't worry I'm 8 I don't receive nothing jet. Imagine thousands of people 🙄 doing this is a lot to process. 

My motivation is to help others with my experiences.

I hope you have a wonderful day!